News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Advanced Post in a Row

Started by Zoomreddin, Feb 01, 2013, 05:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoomreddin

Hello, this is a game I thought up quickly while I was in the gaming zone, coming up with some TBG ideas.
This game is simple, but can be really complicated if not explained properly.
To make it easier to understand, I'll explain using examples.
   Okay, so we have the first guy, Bob. His goal is to post in a row and get as high of a score as possible. So he posts, titling his post "1". Then he looks at the last digit of his time stamp, and multiplies the 1 by whatever that digit was. Once he's done figuring out the answer he edits his post to "[number of posts in a row]:[last digit of time stamp multiplied by number of posts in a row]" Here's an example of Bob's unedited post.
Quote from: BobToday 8:02.38 AM
1!
Then after he edited it:
Quote from: Bob1:8
Then his next post:
Quote from: BobToday 8:04.23 AM
2!
And after he's edited it:
Quote from: Bob2:14
Notice how Bob's second post was not 2:6, instead he multiplied 3 by 2, then he added the 6 to his previous 8, getting 14!

Now if someone were to come along like George let's say, he'll break Bob's streak, and Bob will have to restart. If George keeps posting like Bob did, he can try and get a higher streak than Bob had.

If you have any questions, please ask! If you have any ways to make the topic clearer, share them also! :P

Highscores
Zoomreddin: 60:9060
tbg52: 33:4247
30-1: 32:2119
sportsdude: 2:38 (Double Devil Day)
sanjayraj: 1:8
shpeters: 1:0 (Double Devil Day)

While I was away, I thought up a new rule.
Every Friday is Double Devil Day, your score is doubled when I put it on the leaderboards. The only problem is, if the last digit of your timestamp is a 0, your score is reset.
So if I was at 20:3000 and then my last timestamp digit was a 0, my score would turn to 21:0. Only your score is reset, not the post count.

Update: Double Devil Day starts at 12:00AM GMT. Just in case you didn't guess that already.

Update2: Should Double Devil Day have it's own scoreboard, or should the scores be merged with a little Double Devil Day tag? Or should the scores just be merged with no indication? Right now I'm just going to merge the scores with a tag for who got a highscore on Double Devil Day until further notice.