News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

The Testing Facility

Started by Tymewalk, May 08, 2017, 04:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

You awake in a sleeping pod, waking up from stasis. The top of the pod opens, and you climb out into a small chamber.

You look around your small chamber. The walls are made of glass, and there is a small side table. On the table is a radio, softly playing music.

Behind the glass is a larger room. There is a security camera in the corner, and to the left, a doorway to another room.

A female, robotic announcer interrupts your thinking.

"Good morning. The Enrichment Center welcomes you to the testing facility. The proper documents have been filed, and you have been determined to be fit for the testing course. Subject, are you ready to begin the test?"
Mark your actions with ==>.

Rules:
- Follow the TBG guidelines.
- You may do whatever you with within the testing chamber.
- Certain actions may be disallowed to prevent the accidental obstruction of science.
- All rolls will be determined by one or more d20s. 1 is the worst roll, 10 is pretty average, and 20 is an overshoot, which means it was so successful, something else may have also gone wrong because of it. This scales for multiple dice - 2d20 means 39 and 40 are overshoots, 3d20 makes overshoots between 57 and 60, etc.
- Certain items may give you boosts to some actions.
- Yep, this game is based off of Portal. Expect references galore. :p

Full Name:
If you (the test subject) has a preference of pronoun, please note it here:
If you (the test subject) would prefer to be referred to something other than your given name, please note it here:
Place any additional information that may impact the test here:

I, ________, agree that, by signing this form, I waive my legal rights for anything that may occur within the test, that could have been prevented if I had done things differently.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Karanrimé

Full Name: Jason Alexander Kate
If you (the test subject) has a preference of pronoun, please note it here: N/A
If you (the test subject) would prefer to be referred to something other than your given name, please note it here: JAK
Place any additional information that may impact the test here: Is a Giant Spider Had Cancer 2 weeks ago. Cured Since.

I, Jason A.K., agree that, by signing this form, I waive my legal rights for anything that may occur within the test, that could have been prevented if I had done things differently.
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Dino

Full Name: William Jackson Taylor
If you (the test subject) would prefer to be referred to something other than your given name, please note it here: N/A
Place any additional information that may impact the test here: N/A
I, W.K. Taylor, agree that, by signing this form, I waive my legal rights for anything that may occur within the test, that could have been prevented if I had done things differently.

Dark

Full Name: Malcolm Clifton Henderson
If you (the test subject) would prefer to be referred to something other than your given name, please note it here: "Ness"
(jkjk)
Place any additional information that may impact the test here: Fatally allergic to radiation poisoning and cyanide.
I, Malcom, agree that, by signing this form, I waive my legal rights for anything that may occur within the test, that could have been prevented if I had done things differently.
Date registered: Apr 17, 2013, 06:27:41 AM

Tymewalk

Quote from: TBGChildGamerFull Name: Jason Alexander Kate
If you (the test subject) would prefer to be referred to something other than your given name, please note it here: JAK
Place any additional information that may impact the test here: Is a Giant Spider Had Cancer 2 weeks ago. Cured Since.

I, Jason A.K., agree that, by signing this form, I waive my legal rights for anything that may occur within the test, that could have been prevented if I had done things differently.
"Very good. The Enrichment Center notices your recent bout with cancer, and as such, will ensure that you are kept away from any parts of the test that may cause unwanted side effects, or relapses."
A small cupcake with a single lit candle is placed on the nightstand with by a robotic hand, and a fork next to it.
"The Enrichment Center also believes congratulations are in order after your recent feat. Congratulations. Not even cancer, one of the worst diseases known to mankind, could stop such an excellent test subject such as yourself."
Quote from: jji10dinoFull Name: William Jackson Taylor
If you (the test subject) would prefer to be referred to something other than your given name, please note it here: N/A
Place any additional information that may impact the test here: N/A
I, W.K. Taylor, agree that, by signing this form, I waive my legal rights for anything that may occur within the test, that could have been prevented if I had done things differently.
"Very good. Welcome, William."
Quote from: DarkfireFull Name: Malcolm Clifton Henderson
If you (the test subject) would prefer to be referred to something other than your given name, please note it here: "Ness"
(jkjk)
Place any additional information that may impact the test here: Fatally allergic to radiation poisoning and cyanide.
I, Malcom, agree that, by signing this form, I waive my legal rights for anything that may occur within the test, that could have been prevented if I had done things differently.
"Very good. Welcome, Ness."

The intro happens for all of you. You may now input actions.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Dino

==> Ask for some weapons.

Dark

==>  Ask for a hazmat suit and geiger counter

Wordweaver

Full Name: William R. Weaver
If you (the test subject) has a preference of pronoun, please note it here: it
If you (the test subject) would prefer to be referred to something other than your given name, please note it here: Will.
Place any additional information that may impact the test here: I have eight eyes. Number of legs and arms is variable.
I, William Weaver, agree that, by signing this form, I waive my legal rights for anything that may occur within the test, that could have been prevented if I had done things differently.

==> Request a large quantity of lead.
As above, so below.

Dino

Quote from: WordweaverFull Name: William R. Weaver
If you (the test subject) would prefer to be referred to something other than your given name, please note it here: Will.
Place any additional information that may impact the test here: I have eight eyes. Number of legs and arms is variable.
I, William Weaver, agree that, by signing this form, I waive my legal rights for anything that may occur within the test, that could have been prevented if I had done things differently.

Two Williams. Guess it's a popular name. :P

Karanrimé

[under construction]

;

NuclearArmadillo

Full Name: Joey Bonzo
If you (the test subject) would prefer to be referred to something other than your given name, please note it here:
Place any additional information that may impact the test here: Insatiable bloodlust, probably a cannibal.
I, Joey Bonzo, agree that, by signing this form, I waive my legal rights for anything that may occur within the test, that could have been prevented if I had done things differently.
[removed by moderator - inappropriate]

NuclearArmadillo

==>Ask for a knife, maybe even 2

Tymewalk

Turn 1

At this point, the test will begin in 3 more turns after this. You may begin the test now by saying you are ready.

Quote from: jji10dino==> Ask for some weapons.
William T.
Persuasion: 1d20 = 3

"We are sorry to inform you that at this point in the testing procedure, weapons are unavailable."
Quote from: Darkfire==>  Ask for a hazmat suit and geiger counter
Malcolm, AKA "Ness"
Persuasion: 1d20 = 5

"We are sorry to inform you that you must wear your Aperture Science Test Subject Official Jumpsuit at all times, and that other devices are not currently permitted at this point in the test. The Enrichment Center reassures you, however, you will not be exposed to lethal amounts of radiation."
Quote from: WordweaverFull Name: William R. Weaver

William W.
Persuasion: 1d20 = 19

"The Enrichment Center is unable to determine why you would need this, but, as is noted in your file, you have many unorthodox solutions which result in amazing results. As such, we will provide you with the lead required."

A large block of lead is deposited in front of William.
Quote from: NuclearArmadilloFull Name: Joey Bonzo
Place any additional information that may impact the test here: Insatiable bloodlust, probably a cannibal.
I, Joey Bonzo, agree that, by signing this form, I waive my legal rights for anything that may occur within the test, that could have been prevented if I had done things differently.
Joey
"Welcome, JOEY BONZO, to the testing facility."

The intro plays for you as well.

Karanrimé

==> Look around. If there is a door to get through, try to find something to break it with.

[under construction]

;

Dark

==> Frown and ask for a length of rope with a grappling hook on the end.

Tymewalk

Turn 1.1

Whoops, missed you. Sorry.

Quote from: NuclearArmadillo==>Ask for a knife, maybe even 2
Persuasion: 1d20 = 2

"We are sorry, but sharp objects and weaponry are not allowed at this point during the test. The Enrichment Center is not legally allowed to elaborate on this statement."

NuclearArmadillo

==> Ask for a dull knife

Blood...

Dino

NuclearArmadillo

Tymewalk

Turn 2
At this point, the test will begin in 2 more turns after this. You may begin the test now by saying you are ready.
Quote from: NuclearArmadillo==> Ask for a dull knife

Blood...
Persuasion: 1d20 = 4

"We are sorry, but due to your tendencies as noted in your file, we are not permitted to give you weaponry of any kind."
Quote from: jji10dino==> Ask for anything.
Persuasion: 1d20 = 19

Nice! Although you didn't specify anything, so...

Luck: 1d20 = 4

"The Enrichment Center has decided that it would be most beneficial to your test to provide you with this item."

A small robotic arm provides you with a red magic marker.
Quote from: NuclearArmadilloBONESAW IS READY
You don't have any bonesaws!

Dino

==> Ask for an aircon. Or a robot. Either works.

NuclearArmadillo

==> Ask for a non-specific handheld faux firearm that creates tunnels in reality that allow for seamless transportation of objects between 2 points through immobile and flat walls that are sufficiently large enough to contain said portals, as well as being able to pick up and drop smaller objects.

Karanrimé

==> Make a remark that Jason was missed, thus breaking the west wall of the building and enabling the character to escape.

[under construction]

;

TheTealWashableMarker

Uh, shouldn't this be an MFG?
"I can't think of a quote to put here" - me, right now

Treehee

Full Name: Flubber Flubzub
If you (the test subject) has a preference of pronoun, please note it here: *sucking slimy noise*
Place any additional information that may impact the test here: Slime
I, Flubber Flubzub, agree that, by signing this form, I waive my legal rights for anything that may occur within the test, that could have been prevented if I had done things differently.
greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja :P