News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Decoding Madness

Started by Zoomreddin, Jan 30, 2013, 03:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoomreddin

I decided to make my own game, so here it is!
The objective: To decode the message posted from Bad Translator.

Understand? I don't, so I'll explain.
The first person, let's call him Bob, takes a short message, around ten words, and puts the text into the Bad Translator, then without telling us the original text, gives us the 'translated' text, and we have to figure it out! Whoever gets the answer starts the next word.

To prevent cheating, the person who gives the sentence must give some hints if they are stuck, saying things like "Getting closer..." etc. and if a certain amount of time passes without anyone able to get the answer, a new sentence is posted.

Whoever wants to go first can post their sentence here, and I'll edit this post including it.
Current sentence: "Chinese Stardoll"

What we know so far
[list=*]
[li]It has nothing to do with China.
The original message had something to do with food.[/li]
[/list]

What we're guessing
[list=*]
[li]It contained a name of a food, and that food started with a "c" or "s".[/li]
[/list]

TheAwesomeFace

Only because something is logical doesn't mean its good.
Candy ▷◯◁ Box
Want some fun?

TheAwesomeFace

Hint: the original sentence had to do with food.
Candy ▷◯◁ Box
Want some fun?

TheAwesomeFace

The sentence has nothing to do with china.
Candy ▷◯◁ Box
Want some fun?

TheAwesomeFace

Candy ▷◯◁ Box
Want some fun?

ka-doink4545o0

[removed - offensive]

sanjayraj

I'm back. For now.

Silas

The last post of the TBG.  It's perfect.  "The church involves a sweating prisoner." -SomeliaOriginal text:

" Home About Play Contact Learn, Play, and Have Fun! Forums Home Search Profile Logout Wiki Support Logged in as Silas Last visit: Today 12:21.07 PM Topics: Posted | New | Active | Unanswered Profile menu "

...35 translations later, Bing gives us:

""

ev3commander

I have regrets.

Faressain

New one.

It failed to clarify...
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

PkmnQ

Not sure if Faressain even remembers the original at this point, so here's a new one:

Boredom, decision line
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

PkmnQ

The "bored" part is kinda right, but nothing else.

Hint: Decision actually sorta means something.
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Byron_Inc_TBG

Bored, decided to draw lines.
eh

PkmnQ

Decided to is correct, but I did not draw lines. In fact, lines does not mean anything.
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

Bored, decided to do things.
eh

PkmnQ

Hint: Actually, I just realized what line might mean. It's a misinterpretation of a word commonly used on forums.
Quine list

Byron_Inc_TBG

Bored, decided to post.
eh

PkmnQ

That's part of the sentence. Remember, there's something slightly related with line.
Quine list

PkmnQ

I forgot but it definitely was something like "Bored, decided to bump an old thread".

So here's a new one:
The next time I meet you, more characters will be processed.  I hope this foot is neat and clean.  In the event that I am still in a state of preservation, in the unlikely event that I die again on this line.
Quine list