News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

cover to cover: a workplace comedy

Started by findanegg, Apr 25, 2017, 02:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

findanegg

you are the characters of a new workplace comedy called cover to cover, set in a book publishing company. roleplay will take place in small periods called episodes, with ten or so episodes constituting a season. after each episode has been completed, it will be put in the episode log along with a short description. after each season has been completed, critics will give the season a review, showing what was good or bad about the season. due to the fact that this is a work com, there will be "talking head" sequences, where a character or two will sit in front of the camera, providing exposition/side comments/whatever. please specify if your character is in such a sequence, perhaps with the notation of *talking head*.
episode log:
Season 1
character sheet:
Name:
Job title:
Personality
Hobbies outside of work:
characters:
Quote from: TBGChildGamerName: Steve
Job title: Custodian
Personality: Gets the job done. After failing many times. Serious about comedy.
Hobbies outside of work: Sleeping. Having a night job really stresses the body.
Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerName: Christina
Job title: Book cover designing
Personality: Hard-working, sociable, positive about life
Hobbies outside of work: Art (obviously), reading, and playing tennis
Quote from: BaconAndEggs1Name: Joel
Job title: Draft Reviewer and Editor
Personality: Sarcastic and snide, quick-witted but at the expense of everyone else, been doing this job for about a few too many years
Hobbies outside of work: Very few people know. They've either been shunned or not bothered to try.
Quote from: Smiley100PName: Yahri
Job title: one of the magazine writers
Personality: Actually good at her(?) job and prone to injury and avoiding the top penthouse.
Hobbies outside of work: pressing buttons, rolling dice, and practicing "Magic".
Quote from: SuperDoom1Name: Don "Donut Cheeseburger"
Job title: Revising and Editing
Personality: Humorous, loves to add jokes in the books.
Hobbies outside of work: VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

Karanrimé

Name: Steeeeeeve
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

findanegg

Quote from: TBGChildGamerName: Steve
Accepted. Changed name because of course I did.
Due to nature of job, character may be only a recurring gag or similar in the show, like Kyle from Parks and Rec.
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

TheTealWashableMarker

How many roles are you allowed to have?

Name: Christina
"I can't think of a quote to put here" - me, right now

BaconAndEggs1

Name: Joel
Personality: Sarcastic and snide, quick-witted but at the expense of everyone else, been doing this job for about a few too many years
Hobbies outside of work: Very few people know. They've either been shunned or not bothered to try.
Not active here anymore, but I'll revisit from time to time.
If you need me here for any reason (e.g. updating scoreboards for games I run, questions about said games, activity required/requested in games I'm playing), ping me in the official TBGs Discord and I'll get on it ASAP.

Just chillin' out like:

findanegg

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerHow many roles are you allowed to have?

Name: Christina
Two should be enough. One as a main cast member, and the other a recurring character.
By the way, accepted.
Quote from: BaconAndEggs1Name: Joel
Accepted.

findanegg

3 or 4 more cast members should be enough, and then we'll be ready for the pilot! (I forgot, the pilot will be reviewed by critics, similar to how a season may be reviewed.)

Starmeadows

Name: Yahri
Personality: Actually good at her(?) job and prone to injury and avoiding the top penthouse.
Hobbies outside of work: pressing buttons, rolling dice, and practicing "Magic".

findanegg

Quote from: Smiley100PName: Yahri

accepted.

NasomiXIV

Name: Donut Cheeseburger (you never said it had to be a REAL name)
WARNING: I am insane.
They say games are a product, rather than a service. Certainly a nice thought, however this is more fiction than truth.
Each and every day, new games are created, with most being infested with microtransactions, paid expansions, and subscription services, bogging down (or blocking off entirely) the user experience until they cough up their life savings, even after having already purchased the game. However, we as fans have remedied the problems that plague modern games through modifications and fan servers. There is, however, one last game to fix.

This is why I have changed my name. To spread awareness of what must be done. What we want. We want...NasomiXIV.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

findanegg

Quote from: SuperDoom1Name: Don "Donut Cheeseburger"
Accepted on the grounds that "Donut Cheeseburger" is a nickname for this character, and his real name is something like "Don".