News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

New here

Started by Kuramana, Apr 12, 2017, 07:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuramana

Hello all, if this is allowed please let me know. I am an old roleplayer who has kind of been out of the scene for quite some time. I had an idea entitled Jinrai myths of blade and sorcery. It is set somewhere in between the 14th and 15th century and as the title should imply the setting is fuedal Japan. The story revolves around a mysterious and young band of samurai and Ronin who have abilities in addition to being master swordsman. Really hoping to hear some ideas and see some interest in the topic. Thanks all for hearing me out and feel free to say hi.

Karanrimé

Hello, and Welcome to the TBGS. However, making a new topic is not the preferred way of greeting people.

Don't worry, we won't ban you, but please post Here.
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Kuramana

One more thing where would an interest check go here?

objecty

Quote from: KuramanaOne more thing where would an interest check go here?
Ah, this is not to talk about TBGs, it is for making and playing them. I don't think this is the kind of forum you were wanting, sorry.
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

Kuramana

I see so no one here does text based forum role-playing?

Epicness123

Quote from: KuramanaI see so no one here does text based forum role-playing?
There are two main forums- TBGs and RPGs.
You are currently in the RPG forum. This is where role-plays go. (example; zombie survival RP)
The other forum, the TBG forum, is for posting text based games. (example; count to 10 without someone ruining it)

If you want to make an RP, just post it in the forum.

Hope this clears up confusion.
au
tbger since 2013

Kuramana

Thanks it does this is what I was hoping for. I've been gone since like mocospace was a thing. (Buhhhh don't know why I admit that?)

Epicness123

Quote from: KuramanaThanks it does this is what I was hoping for. I've been gone since like mocospace was a thing. (Buhhhh don't know why I admit that?)
lol, I dont even know what mocospace is

also, feel free to drop by the chat occasionally. that's where most other users are

Anyways, enjoy your stay at the TBGs
au
tbger since 2013

objecty

Quote from: KuramanaThanks it does this is what I was hoping for. I've been gone since like mocospace was a thing. (Buhhhh don't know why I admit that?)
Oh, it sounded like you wanted to talk about them. Sorry :P
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

Kuramana

Yeah sorry for the confusion. I am going to try my luck at getting some interest in my idea up there. Just asking for a friend any of you guys interested?

objecty

Quote from: KuramanaYeah sorry for the confusion. I am going to try my luck at getting some interest in my idea up there. Just asking for a friend any of you guys interested?
Sounds awesome, just make a topic in the RPG forum and see if people sign up.
I will probably :P
Thank you.

SpicyMeatball

Well, welcome to the TBGs!~
Everyone else pretty much explained most of it, why don't you see what's in store?
previously known as Floofy

Kuramana

I love this place also when I can i should delete this topic

Faressain

You can report it to be closed. Just report it with intention to closing it.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

objecty

Quote from: KuramanaI love this place also when I can i should delete this topic

So glad you do! :)
And, you can't close topics here. You have to report for them to be closed and wait for mods to do so.
Thank you.

Faressain

Quote from: Beagel
Quote from: KuramanaI love this place also when I can i should delete this topic

So glad you do! :)
And, you can't close topics here. You have to report for them to be closed and wait for mods to do so.

That's what I said, Beagel.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Wordweaver

Hey there, and welcome to the TBGs!

--------------

Re: interest checks.

They're not exactly standard fare here- generally you just make the roleplay and see who comes. Even so, I doubt anyone would mind all that much if you were to make one in the RPG section.

----------

Chat-wise, there's the normal TBGs chat (which is linked on the top bar), but we also have a discord server that is quite active. If you are interested in talking RPGs, shoot me a DM (I'm Whisperling/The Eighth Old One over there) and there are some relevant DM chats I can add you to.
As above, so below.

Tymewalk

Welcome to the TBGs!

The chats mentioned above would be a good place to ask other users about your RP. I personally think it sounds pretty interesting, though :D

I'll close this thread for you now. Once again, welcome, and enjoy your stay!
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words