News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Grey Area - Chapter 2: A Jog in the Fog

Started by Dino, Apr 10, 2017, 05:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Backstory:

For over 400 years, highborns have been living amongst us. Altering history, changing the future. It is believed that the highborns' powers are hereditary, based on various historical evidence. Curiously, no highborns have been discovered in recent years, leading some to believe that they either died out or are being collected and hidden by some unknown entity.
---
That unknown entity, or at least, one of them is Reginald Gagnon, a genius Canadian CEO of a private scientific research company in North America. He has been secretly gathering, researching and helping highborns from around the globe with his second-in-command Booker Smith, a telepath, for over 20 years. Reginald, however, isn't the only "unknown entity" and none of them have noble intentions....

________

Rules:

No powerplaying.
No metagaming.
Stay in the character that you build through the RPG.
Maximum of two charcters.
Minimal swearing. Crap and darn are fine. S-words and f-words are not.
Death is permanent. No magic reviving or living through the power of a "strong will".
Minimum age is the age that you graduate from school (or rather, the year after you graduate from school).

_______

Gameplay:

Preferably third person but anything goes.
All attacks and speed rolls will go through a d20 dice.
Some powers will have automatic bonuses against each other. If someone fires water at someone else and he counters with fire, the water will receive a major bonus.
Only one power per person.
Set in modern times. That's right, I actually made an RPG that's not set in the medieval times! insert dramatic gasp here
Turnbased.

_______

Note: Darkfire helped immensely with this RPG (planning, writing and giving me awful puns) so if you enjoy this RPG, go send him a message on Discord!

_______

Chapters:

Chapter 1: A Walk in the Park
Chapter 2: A Jog in the Fog

_______

Signup:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Power:[/b]
[b]Looks:[/b]
[b]Backstory:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Dino

Characters:

Quote from: DarkfireName: Simon Sparrow Walker
er. Usually goes by his middle name.
Power: Luck manipulation. Always rolls 20. Wind manipulation
Looks: About 6 feet tall. On the thinner end of the spectrum, with gray eyes and light skin. Shaggy brown hair, gray track pants, white t-shirt, gray sneakers, and a white and black flannel that he never bothers buttoning.
Backstory: Grew up in a small town in Ontario, Canada. His family did their best to hide their 'family heirloom' while teaching their son how to use his highborn powers, using an air compressor and the cover of the woods. Is currently participating in an exchange program to the big city.
Other: :ɹǝɥʇO

Quote from: frishyName: Erin Yaga
Power: Object animation. You know, like giving life to inanimate objects. You're gonna have to really try for this joke to work.
Looks: A bit shorter than average hight, black hair with some grey strands that for some reason always grow in. Not much else to say that's out of the ordinary.
Backstory: Nothing of much interest, as she's done a good job keeping secrets.
Other: Not much at all.

Quote from: TymewalkName: Devin Walker
Power: the ability to revive via a strong will Nature Manipulation (that's a thing, right?)
Looks: A blond boy, around 5'8". Wears a hoodie, some jeans, and grey-ish sneakers.
Backstory: Practiced on small houseplants and birds while being shielded away from those who would want to take him away. After his brother "Sparrow" went off to school, he took a trip to go visit him.
Other: Has a 15-year-old cousin off somewhere in the US. She likes blue a lot.

Quote from: WordweaverName: Nathaniel Martins
Power: Reshaping parts of his body to mimic items in 3-5 meters. Can sustain up to 6-7 modifications at a time.
Looks: A moderately tanned young man with shaggy grey hair. He's likely to have a number of body modifications in effect at any one time.
Backstory: An ordinary Joe whose hands occasionally become kitchen knives. He's had to move once or twice as a result of particularly nosy neighbors.
Other: rethO

Quote from: TBGChildGamerName: Unknown. He goes by Jason for reasons also unknown
Power: He only knows he has one. He does not know what it is.
Looks: Short for his age, with blond hair and brown eyes.
Backstory: His mother and Father died in a horrific accident involving a cloning machine, a knife, and a video game known as "Portal." He learned of his power shortly after from a family friend.
Other: n00b, st00pid, gets into trouble easily and does not work well with others.

Thought: This is Really the story of the Crystal Gems and Jason is Steven

Dark

(You're welcome for the puns.)
Name: Simon Sparrow Walker. Usually goes by his middle name.
Looks: About 6 feet tall. On the thinner end of the spectrum, with gray eyes and light skin. Shaggy brown hair, gray track pants, white t-shirt, gray sneakers, and a white and black flannel that he never bothers buttoning.
Backstory: Grew up in a small town in Ontario, Canada. His family did their best to hide their 'family heirloom' while teaching their son how to use his highborn powers, using an air compressor and the cover of the woods. Is currently participating in an exchange program to the big city.
Date registered: Apr 17, 2013, 06:27:41 AM

Dino

Quote from: Darkfire(You're welcome for the puns.)
Name: Simon Sparrow Walker
er. Usually goes by his middle name.
Added and thanks for the puns.

Fishmael

Name: Erin Yaga
Power: Object animation. You know, like giving life to inanimate objects. You're gonna have to really try for this joke to work.
Looks: A bit shorter than average hight, black hair with some grey strands that for some reason always grow in. Not much else to say that's out of the ordinary.
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Dino

Quote from: frishyName: Erin Yaga
Welcome back and added!

Fishmael

Who is to say I was gone? I mean, I was gone, but that's beside the point.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Dark

Quote from: frishyWho is to say I was gone? I mean, I was gone, but that's beside the point.
Welcome back from maybe not being gone.

Fishmael

No, I most definitely was gone. Last time I was gone I was 'gone', which is to say I made over twenty pages of forums with my alt account, but this time I was just gone gone. How many more players are we waiting for?
ouns are they/she, pleas

Dino

Quote from: frishyNo, I most definitely was gone. Last time I was gone I was 'gone', which is to say I made over twenty pages of forums with my alt account, but this time I was just gone gone. How many more players are we waiting for?
As many as possible. If things go well, we'll probably start this in a few hours. Or if it doesn't we'll start it tomorrow lol i hate setting deadlines.

Tymewalk

If Dark's gonna take my last name I may as well be his sibling. ;)

Name: Devin Walker
Power: the ability to revive via a strong will Nature Manipulation (that's a thing, right?)
Looks: A blond boy, around 5'8". Wears a hoodie, some jeans, and grey-ish sneakers.
Backstory: Practiced on small houseplants and birds while being shielded away from those who would want to take him away. After his brother "Sparrow" went off to school, he took a trip to go visit him.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Dino

Quote from: TymewalkIf Dark's gonna take my last name I may as well be his sibling. ;)

Name: Devin Walker
Added!

Dino

Chapter 1: A Walk in the Park

The sun shines brightly on five young highborns who are walking near a fairly large park. Then, it starts. Like a whisper, a trickle of water, it seems to pour into their mind, speaking. In a second, the voice is crystal clear, as if the speaker is just a metre away. "Go to the airport... ask for Booker Smith..." And suddenly, as if it was never there, the voice is gone, leaving only the recollection.

(The RPG is still open. Feel free to join whenever.)

Dark

Sparrow, surprised by the voice, stops and looks behind him.

No one there.

He looks around. There's no one on the trail but him save for an old couple up ahead, but they're much too far away to have spoken. There's nothing around that someone could be hiding behind. Sparrow frowns and keeps walking. It wasn't his policy to follow the instructions of mysterious voices, but the airport was ahead; maybe he could at the very least figure out what it was.

Wordweaver

Name: Nathaniel Martins
Power: Reshaping parts of his body to mimic items in 3-5 meters. Can sustain up to 6-7 modifications at a time.
Looks: A moderately tanned young man with shaggy grey hair. He's likely to have a number of body modifications in effect at any one time.
Backstory: An ordinary Joe whose hands occasionally become kitchen knives. He's had to move once or twice as a result of particularly nosy neighbors.
As above, so below.

Dino

Quote from: WordweaverName: Nathaniel Martins
Added.

Dino

Quote from: jji10dinoChapter 1: A Walk in the Park

The sun shines brightly on four young highborns who are walking near a fairly large park. Then, it starts. Like a whisper, a trickle of water, it seems to pour into their mind, speaking. In a second, the voice is crystal clear, as if the speaker is just a metre away. "Go to the airport... ask for Booker Smith..." And suddenly, as if it was never there, the voice is gone, leaving only the recollection.

(The RPG is still open. Feel free to join whenever.)
Edited because Weaver joined late. :P

Wordweaver

Head to the airport, I suppose. Try and see what all the fuss is about.
As above, so below.

Fishmael

Erin, who was at the moment trying to make a stick into a snake to scare some kids in the park, was also very caught off guard by the voice. It's not the kind of thing that happens every day, mind you. She looked around and saw... No one. Then she tried to remember how to get to the nearest airport.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Karanrimé

Name: Unknown. He goes by Jason for reasons also unknown
Backstory: His mother and Father died in a horrific accident involving a cloning machine, a knife, and a video game known as "Portal." He learned of his power shortly after from a family friend.
Other: n00b, st00pid, gets into trouble easily and does not work well with others.

The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Dino

Quote from: TBGChildGamerName: Unknown. He goes by Jason for reasons also unknown

Added and edited the post to five!

Karanrimé

Jason Frowns slightly, and starts walking away from the airport.
He turns around suddenly, almost unconsciously.
he murmurs something to himself about portals and knives before walking towards.

He hails a cab.

[under construction]

;

Tymewalk

Devin looks around. Where did that voice come from? And where did it go? Was it truly Cotton Eye Joe?

...well, he's certainly not going to ignore it. He looks around for a city map, hopefully one telling him where the airport is.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Karanrimé

Jason gets into the Cab, then quickly realizes he does not have his wallet on him.

He contemplates hijacking the vehicle, but realizes how stupid of an idea that is.

He simply leaves, apologizing for the delay.

[under construction]

;

Dino

Quote from: DarkfireSparrow, surprised by the voice, stops and looks behind him.

No one there.

He looks around. There's no one on the trail but him save for an old couple up ahead, but they're much too far away to have spoken. There's nothing around that someone could be hiding behind. Sparrow frowns and keeps walking. It wasn't his policy to follow the instructions of mysterious voices, but the airport was ahead; maybe he could at the very least figure out what it was.
Sparrow estimates that the nearest airport is around 2km - a good distance for a nice walk in the sun. He strides off towards the airport.

Quote from: WordweaverHead to the airport, I suppose. Try and see what all the fuss is about.
Nathaniel decides to walk to the airport. He notices another guy heading in the same general direction.

Quote from: frishyErin, who was at the moment trying to make a stick into a snake to scare some kids in the park, was also very caught off guard by the voice. It's not the kind of thing that happens every day, mind you. She looked around and saw... No one. Then she tried to remember how to get to the nearest airport.
Erin thinks for a moment. Straight, left, right, straight, right, straight, straight, straight, left, straight, right, straight, straight, straight, right if she remembered correctly. She heads off towards the first straight, notices a few other guys heading straight too. Probably a coincidence... right?

Quote from: TBGChildGamerJason gets into the Cab, then quickly realizes he does not have his wallet on him.

He contemplates hijacking the vehicle, but realizes how stupid of an idea that is.

He simply leaves, apologizing for the delay.
And now Jason is standing there, wondering what to do. He could probably walk there in just around 30 minutes.

Quote from: TymewalkDevin looks around. Where did that voice come from? And where did it go? Was it truly Cotton Eye Joe?

...well, he's certainly not going to ignore it. He looks around for a city map, hopefully one telling him where the airport is.
Devin turns around for a bit and notices an information booth. That would have a city map. He goes towards the booth and takes one of the maps that are free of charge. The airport seems to be not far from here. He could walk there. Devin suddenly notices his brother Sparrow going off towards the direction of the airport. Maybe the telepath contacted him too.

(Going to assume Sparrow and Devin know the other has powers.)