News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Four Suit Sharpshooters

Started by Fishmael, Jan 18, 2017, 11:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishmael

This is an MFG of secrets. You are a private eye and are hired to investigate a case. You weren't warned before hand that you'd be joined by three others as well, all of whom using code names matching a deck of cards. Whether or not you recognize them... Well, we'll get to that.

At any time, I will run three games, each with four players, each player playing a different PI matched with a different suit of a deck of cards. In the game, there are two main goals, the Case and the Ulterior Motive.

The Case
In each game, the Case is the same for all four players. It'll be something broad like "Find out who killed this man" or "Find the missing locket". It's a common goal you must all try to achieve in the form of a normal round based CYOA style. Basically, solve the Case to 'win'.

The Ulterior Motive
The Ulterior Motive is unique to each player per game, and each player's Ulterior Motive will be given to them in secret over Chat or email once the game begins. These can be something along the lines of 'Steal a valuable item without anyone else noticing' to 'Kill the Heart player'.

If you complete an Ulterior Motive successfully and the Case still isn't over, you will be given another one and get a higher score at the end when the Case is solved or you've all met your demise. At the beginning of the game, you may also be secretly asked a few questions by me about your character, such as 'What is your character's real name?' or 'Has your character ever met the Diamond PI before? If so, when?'.

Gumption, Guts, and Glory
There are a few other game mechanics going on as well, those being Gumption, Guts, and Glory, those simply being skills necessary for each case represented numerically. Gumption is your ability to notice hidden details and objects, Guts is your ability to withstand or avoid pain, sort of like defense, and Glory is your ability to inflict pain or intimidate someone.

Secret Items
Another thing to mention are 'secret items' in room descriptions. Secret items are color coded, meaning they can only be seen by the player with the matching color, red for the Hearts Player, blue for the Spades Player, pink for the Diamond Player, and orange for the Club Player. For example, if a room description looked like this:

In the billiard room, there is a pool table with an object on it.

Then only the person playing Clubs can see the object, which will be told to them secretly over Chat or email. The higher your Gumption, the higher your chance of seeing secret objects as well.

Secret Actions
If, for some reason, you desire to make an action without any of the other PIs knowing, simply send the reply "I make an unnoticed action." Then, tell me what that action is in secret. In my case just send an email, the option is open. The only way this action would be noticed is if someone with a high Gumption is in the same room as you when the action is made.

So, to join, simply reply with the following:

Which game? (1-3):
Which suit?:

(Distribute five points between the following three)
Gumption:
Guts:
Glory:

Game One:
Hearts- 8435.5
Spades- open
Diamonds- open
Clubs- TBGChildGamer

Game Two:
Hearts- open
Spades- open
Diamonds- open
Clubs- open

Game Three:
Hearts- open
Spades- open
Diamonds- open
Clubs- open

Hope this works. Any questions on the rules, feel free to ask.

UPDATE: I'm back, saves were rebooted so whatever.
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Karanrimé

Game 1
Clubs [played pinochle, got 11/12 of them]
Guts: 3
Everything else:
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Wolfslime123

Game 1
Spades♠
Gumption:3
Guts:1
Glory:1
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Faressain

Which game: 1
    Which suit?: Diamonds

Gumption: 2
    Guts: 1
    Glory: 2
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Fishmael

All accepted, the first game starts when someone joins game one as Hearts.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Faressain

You can mail me for secret things...

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Starmeadows

Which game? (1-3): 1
Which suit?: Hearts

This is gonna be fun

Fishmael

https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?msg=315300 Here's the link to game one, please respond whether you'd prefer to receive Ulterior Motives over email or Chat in another channel, (please don't check the other channel if someone else is still getting their motive, that is frankly cheating). Faressain, an email has been sent. TBGChildGamer, still waiting on you.

Another rule has been added, by the way.
ouns are they/she, pleas

objecty

I originally misread this as 'Sour Fruit Sharpshooters' and I was disappointed when I discovered it was this.
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

TheTealWashableMarker

Game 2
Hearts

Guts: 2
Glory: 1
"I can't think of a quote to put here" - me, right now

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

i want to do this but i am still confused about MFGs
and i already looked at the faq
j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

Karanrimé

Quote from: 8435.5i want to do this but i am still confused about MFGs
and i already looked at the faq
Basically, You post your signup on the main topic, then play on your own file. It keeps players separate when it needs to be.

Also, this MFG is dead. Sorry.

[under construction]

;

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Fishmael

I'm back guys! So to get a clean sweep of things I'm rebooting the Game Files on this Topic and starting from scratch, this time with some idea of what I'm doing to keep things organized!
ouns are they/she, pleas

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Which suit?: Randomize
Gumption: 3
Glory: -1
j u m b l e !

Karanrimé

Quote from: TBGChildGamerGame 1
Everything else: 1
Reposting my original signup.

[under construction]

;

Fishmael

Quote from: TBGChildGamer
Quote from: TBGChildGamerGame 1
Everything else: 1
Reposting my original signup.

Accepted.

Quote from: 8435.5Which game? (1-3): 1
Glory: -1
I don't think I even know how I'd do negative points.
ouns are they/she, pleas

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Fishmael

Quote from: 8435.5Which game? (1-3): 1
Guts: 2
Glory: 0
Accepted.
ouns are they/she, pleas

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

i have been waiting for forever can we please start
j u m b l e !

Starmeadows

reservedarino

Which suit?: Spade

Faressain