News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Open a book...

Started by Spyderblade, Jan 08, 2017, 10:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyderblade

Open a book to the page number that is the current post number!! (this post is 1, next is 2, etc.)
Post the first sentence of that page, and then rate how well it describes your life. (Optional: post the name of the book as well)

Quote from: Tymewalkwhen the post count is greater than the length of the book, you subtract the number of pages in the book until it fits...
For example, Jim's book is 100 pages long, although his post number is 203. So he subtracts 100 twice to get 3.

I'll start:

"As long as I can remember, I've been interested in codes and ciphers."

... 10/10
^^V^><>V^VV<>^<V>^<V><
<>^^V I'm confusing you ><^>
<^VV><^V><^V^^><V>^V<V

Alex The JPEG

"Eric didn't know anybody."

5/10
Check out my GitHub! You might find some neat stuff there!

POST PROGRESS (updated 12/15/2020)
██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

Tymewalk

Quote from: Spyderblade"As long as I can remember, I've been interested in codes and ciphers."
What is this book? I know it from somewhere...

Also, how about when the post count is greater than the length of the book, you subtract the number of pages in the book until it fits?

For example, Jim's book is 100 pages long, although his post number is 203. So he subtracts 100 twice to get 3.

Moving on...

"When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold."

0/10, I flop around so much both sides are forever warm
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Dino

"Maybe the exercise of chewing the jerky would warm him, he thought."

0/10 That doesn't warm me up.

BaconAndEggs1

"To hear some scientists talk you'd think they'd know everything about science..."

2/10? Most of the scientists I've talked to generally know what they're talking about.
Not active here anymore, but I'll revisit from time to time.
If you need me here for any reason (e.g. updating scoreboards for games I run, questions about said games, activity required/requested in games I'm playing), ping me in the official TBGs Discord and I'll get on it ASAP.

Just chillin' out like:

Alex The JPEG

"They came soon after, as Eric had guess they might."

0/10...just...what??

██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

Dino

"Crowley shrugged."

I mean, I shrug a bit, so... 7/10?

Spyderblade

Quote from: Tymewalk
Quote from: Spyderblade"As long as I can remember, I've been interested in codes and ciphers."
What is this book? I know it from somewhere...

It's called Top Secret, by Paul Janeczko :)

"At first British officials attempted to keep the settlers east of the mountains, but the frontiersmen arrived in such numbers that Colonel Henry Bouquet and other officers at Fort Pitt seemed powerless to stop them."

10/10 all day
^^V^><>V^VV<>^<V>^<V><
<>^^V I'm confusing you ><^>
<^VV><^V><^V^^><V>^V<V

Dino

"'Well,' he said eventually, 'parrots are amusing creatures.'"

I mean/10

objecty

Quote from: SpyderbladeIt's called Top Secret, by Paul Janeczko :)

I got that from the library once, but I couldn't find it again.

"All kinds of stuff."

10000000000000/10

umm its an algebra book too.
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

Starmeadows

Tymewalk

"'No, he wasn't on the list,' I say. 'I saw him Sunday though.'"

???/10
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

red herring

"The Took family was stil, indeed, accorded a special respect, for it remained both numerous and exceedingly wealthy"
0/10
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

PrincessPandaTBG

We're all the people in the world. (Childcraft: About Us, 1991 edition)

9/10
A regular TBGer from 2015-7, bless Sonic the Hedgehog
DARN YOU LACK OF SUPPORT FOR WEBP

red herring

"Maybe he would have attacked Bilbo at once, if the ring had been on him when they met; but it was not, and the hobbit held in his hand an Elvish knife, which served him as a sword.
0/10
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

SuperJedi224

"She left, closing the door softly behind her."

0/10

TheTealWashableMarker

"Frank thought he must be having some sort of fit or seizure."

Uhhh/10

Edit: That actually describes me about 7/10, I wasn't thinking properly at the time
"I can't think of a quote to put here" - me, right now

Alex The JPEG

"I know," Eric said.

/10

██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

TheTealWashableMarker

"Turn round and face me like a man, why don't you?"

.../10

Alex The JPEG

"His mom had called it a new beginning."

10/10

trillion

billion

thousand

to the power of sixty five

██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

Tymewalk

XD

"As for the blood... I don't know."

I am scared but I get little papercuts that IDK where came from all the time so/10

Dino

"These were no farmers, he could see. "

I mean... I'm not a farmer, so I guess 10/10?

TheTealWashableMarker

TheTealWashableMarker

Might as well use up a post, amiright?

(dang i've been saying 'amiright?' a lot lately)

"Harry had arrived at Hogwarts to find that heads turned and whispers followed him wherever he went."

Not really.../10

NasomiXIV

Artoo's sole reply was a noncommittal chirp.

7/10
WARNING: I am insane.
They say games are a product, rather than a service. Certainly a nice thought, however this is more fiction than truth.
Each and every day, new games are created, with most being infested with microtransactions, paid expansions, and subscription services, bogging down (or blocking off entirely) the user experience until they cough up their life savings, even after having already purchased the game. However, we as fans have remedied the problems that plague modern games through modifications and fan servers. There is, however, one last game to fix.

This is why I have changed my name. To spread awareness of what must be done. What we want. We want...NasomiXIV.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.