News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

The most RANDOM RP EVER (not clickbait.)

Started by Rekekka, Jan 06, 2017, 04:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rekekka

After some discussion on Discord, I have decided to make a RP like no other.

The story, unlike most RPs, is formed based on player interaction. The RP starts like a blank slate, nothing to see, no plot, no setting even. However, after a few questions, the story will be somewhat solidified, and then it is up to the players to form the plot.

RULES:

No Powerplaying, Godmodding, Mary Sues, ect.
Self Explanatory.

Max of 8 characters.
Since I wont govern this RP alot, the players will have to form the bulk of the characters. 8 seems to be enough for now, but if more join, I might just lower the player count.

Keep in character
Self Explanatory.

Keep Cursing to a minimum
That means no dropping f-bombs everywhere. Hell and Crap are fine, however.

DO NOT DEVIATE FROM THE ORIGINAL STORY
If the story is not molding how you want it to be, yet the other players want it like this, this does not justify you changing up the story. This is supposed to be a community made RP, not your RP. If you do not like it, make your own.

Dice Rolls are optional
While the RP does not need dice rolls, if you want to add them, feel free.
----

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Other:

(Please note that a self-insert is fine.)
Your local meme dealer. The man who also completed Final Fantasy 2 0% growths solo run.
"Go to Brazil."
This is a message from Lord Nergal.
I await you on the Dread Isle.

Rekekka

Your local meme dealer. The man who also completed Final Fantasy 2 0% growths solo run.
"Go to Brazil."

Dino

Wolfslime123

Hmm... The players write the story... coPKMN sorta does that so you're not the first there. The players make the plot... this thread might die out.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Rekekka

Quote from: Wolfslime123Hmm... The players write the story... coPKMN sorta does that so you're not the first there. The players make the plot... this thread might die out.
The difference between this and coPKMN is that basically no general theme has been solidified yet. So it might end up being yet another CoPKMN, or it could end up being something entirely new.
"Go to Brazil."

Wolfslime123

Here's a quote from here: https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=963

It's not the best idea to just say, "here's a random world, do whatever you want." Your game will die out pretty quickly without an objective of some sort. Instead, you might say, "here is a castle, find your way out." This will give users an objective to achieve. You also need to make sure they know where to start. A lot of RPGs will let you start wherever you want, but it's a good idea to set some boundaries. For example, you wouldn't want someone to start their game spying on the evil warlord that everyone is trying to defeat. That would make them significantly closer than anyone else to achieving the goal. Not incredibly fair, eh?
Basically, have a plan. That doesn't mean plan out every single post. That would be more like a story than a game. Which brings me to...
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Rekekka

I get your concern, but this is an experiment. Think of like a RP designed by the community rather than just one person.
"Go to Brazil."

Wolfslime123

Okay...

Let's get this show on the road shall we?

Name: Jim
Appearance: Black hair, brown eyes.
Personality: Nice, Outgoing
Other: not really
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Rekekka

Accepted!

Jim finds himself in a room, completely devoid of anything. The eerie sound of silence can be heard in his ears...

One would ask themselves where they are even.
"Go to Brazil."

Wolfslime123

Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Rekekka

Jim look up and notices something... odd. It. Appears to be a tablet of sorts. Mot like an electronic one, no, but a large, hefty stone tablet.
"Go to Brazil."

Wolfslime123

Activate depth perception to see if it is within reach!
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Rekekka

It's not on your reach, but as soon as you take a look, it starts to slowly descend. An eerie noise reverberated throughout the empty void. What could this mean?
"Go to Brazil."

Wolfslime123

Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Rekekka

Blank void. The tablet descended to where tou can read it though. Care to take a look?
"Go to Brazil."

Faressain

Might as well try three of them...

Name: Vorleth
Appearance: A shiny Blue-coloured Gallade, with strangely sharp arms, yellow eyes...
Personality: A bit forgetting, dreaming of things, careless, however now serious...
Other: Still wears glasses and loves to break 4th wall. Is a Gallade.

Name: Timon
Age: Unknown, but for clarity, looks like 22 Equestrian years old pony.
Appearance: Light Purple with cutie mark as 3 stars and 1 rainbow anubis eye. His eyes are purple.
Personality: Rather serious, while also joyful and friendly... Despite that, he's rather fragile emotionally.
Other: Uses magic and Fares the Charizard is his worst enemy... Is a pony.

Name: Itaku
Appearance: A human with platinum claws affixed to one of his hands. He wears Darksteel sword on claw hand and Spirit orb on right hand. Also, he has green eyes, and has leather armor...
Personality: Unforgiving, looks for challenges and adventurous, though a tad explosive.
Other: He can use his Spirit Orb very well.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Wolfslime123

Yours Truly,
\\/\/

objecty

Name:Jen
Appearance:Long red hair, light green eyes
Personality:Overexcited, loud.
Other:
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

Starmeadows

Name: Aro
Appearance: smol guy with rainbow flairs and eyes
Personality: the most hyperactive hippie ever
Other: uh

Faressain

Actually, I'll do 4 characters.

Name: Nakano
Appearance: Wears flower tutu along jeans, green striped shirt (with one yellow stripe). 1.34 meters tall, Aquamarine eyes, tall brown hair.
Personality: Cheerish, funny, cowardly, dumb, but friendly.
Other: ISN'T IN ANY MEANS WoPKMN NAKANO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Wolfslime123

Keep looking down until Jim knows what's there.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Rekekka

(All have been accepted. Man this exploded real fast.)

Suddenly, Jim sees more people.
"Go to Brazil."

Faressain

Itaku could swear he was in dungeon before, but now, there was void with one Pokemon, one pony, two girls and two another men... "Hello?"

Nakano was nonetheless surprised too... "Who are all of you?"

Timon looks around, seeing a Gallade supspending tablet using psychic in middle of nowhere... "Anypony knows what will happen?"

Starmeadows

"Guys I found something"

Aro finds...

A POWER STAR FROM SUPER MARIO!?

Faressain

Then Itaku finds... Pokeball... "Uh... So what happened here?"