News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Monopoly Variations

Started by Spyderblade, Jan 05, 2017, 01:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyderblade

Post the name of a Monopoly variation, along with how that variation changes the classic rules of Monopoly. (Stereotypes are welcome, but please keep them mild) (Oh, and you may reuse the same name of a variation more than once if you want)

Examples:

Brazilian Monopoly: Players hide their worst properties under their better ones.
North Korean Monopoly: At the beginning of the game, one player runs for president. The other players either vote in favor of the candidate or lose.

Rate the above! Cred to Tymewalk for the idea.

Mine:

German WWI Monopoly: Every turn, all prices and incomes are multiplied by 10.
^^V^><>V^VV<>^<V>^<V><
<>^^V I'm confusing you ><^>
<^VV><^V><^V^^><V>^V<V

SpicyMeatball

omg this is great
10/10

Japanese Monopoly: For every turn, someone gets $100 for turning 100
previously known as Floofy

Spyderblade

10/10

Star Wars Monopoly: Most of the players are secretly family members
^^V^><>V^VV<>^<V>^<V><
<^VV><^V><^V^^><V>^V<V

SpicyMeatball

9/10

Donald Trump Monopoly: Rather than houses you build walls on your property. The other players pay for the walls, and they can't come in.

Faressain

10/10 Best Monopoly Ever - IGN

PiS Monopoly: Players can decide to randomly take $10000 from bank or take one property per turn...
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

SpicyMeatball

10/10

Stereotypical American Monopoly: Every property becomes McDonalds and all the players (well, the pieces anyways) become fat

Spyderblade

10/Big Mac

Cuban Monopoly: Free Parking is not free, and if you land on Jail, even if just visiting, you are thrown into it
^^V^><>V^VV<>^<V>^<V><
<^VV><^V><^V^^><V>^V<V

SpicyMeatball

10/10

Italian Monopoly: When you land on a property, your fees don't actually go to maintaining the property, but paying for the tons of pasta and clothes everyone has.

Shpore

9/10

CoPKMN Monoply: Someone dies whenever you land on a property.

SpicyMeatball

11/death

Chinese Monopoly: Everyone is great at fighting and if you lose a fight to someone your property becomes theirs

Spyderblade

9/10

Communist Monopoly: The properties are divided evenly among all the players, except one player who actually owns all the properties
^^V^><>V^VV<>^<V>^<V><
<^VV><^V><^V^^><V>^V<V

SpicyMeatball

10/10

Ancient Monopoly: The properties are overgrown, with stone houses, and you trade, since they didn't have currency back then.

findanegg

10/10

Better Monopoly: The box is empty, and printed on the inside is "MONOPOLY ISN'T FUN, GO PLAY A VIDEO GAME OR SOMETHING".
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

Tymewalk

10/10

American Monopoly: You feel like you should be entitled to do whatever you want, and act like it, although there's nothing in the rules that says you can. Also, everyone gets a fully-loaded pistol.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

SpicyMeatball

10/10

Cringe Monopoly: The game pieces are Undertale characters and you have to battle someone or something on every property you land on

Tymewalk

:P/10

Nebby Monopoly: Nebby has to stand on the board, and instead of a board there's a bag
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Spyderblade

8.7/10

Mafia Monopoly: Players can be bribed, or hired to assassinate other players. Each player is equipped with a bowler hat, tommy gun, and cigar. Chance cards are replaced with a deck of cards, and community chest is replaced with poker chips. Passing GO is equivalent to inheriting your grandfather's family fortune.
^^V^><>V^VV<>^<V>^<V><
<^VV><^V><^V^^><V>^V<V

SpicyMeatball

10/10

Boring Monopoly: For every space you land on you have to solve a math problem beyond your capacity

Wolfslime123

Mental Abuse To Humans/10

Mother Russia Monopoly: You don't buy property, property buys YOU!
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

SpicyMeatball

11/10

Dead Memes Monopoly: Each space has a dead meme, and the cringiest ones get more money
so
Dab > Hey whats up guys it's scarce here

Spyderblade

Grumpy Cat/10

Finnish Monopoly: There is an 80% tax on all income, but property is free.
^^V^><>V^VV<>^<V>^<V><
<^VV><^V><^V^^><V>^V<V

Tymewalk

10/10

German (language) Monopoly: The board is six times bigger.

And the words still don't fit.

findanegg

22/10

Godwin's Monopoly: Same rules, but first person to compare another player to Hitler or the Nazis automatically loses, and the game is over.
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

Karanrimé

10/10

EIJ Monopoly: People place bids to try to be the controller of the sole player.

Play continues as normal until Go is passed.
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

NuclearArmadillo

8/10
Ant Monopoly : Everyone stems their own properties off a single space, and all the resources belongs to one player.
[removed by moderator - inappropriate]