News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Of Iron and Brimstone

Started by Dino, Dec 27, 2016, 05:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

The Great War:

The war to end all wars began in 765 on the Queen's calendar, heralded by the sound of alchemical bombs and the removal of a border settlement from the map. It has only escalated in the seven years since, growing from a small Wildlands dispute to a years-long stalemate that has claimed thousands of lives.

To this day, troops, alchemists, and all manner of magical beasts continue to live and die in the trenches. However, the flow of reinforcements has slowed to the barest trickle, and neither country seems to be capable of continuing the war for much longer. The time to break through is now or never, and each side is stocking up for an enormous, decisive battle.

However, that strategy is largely irrelevant to infantry squad 24601. As lowly foot soldiers, they have little in the way of equipment or armor, and spend most of their days hoping that nobody decides to drop magical napalm on their particular segment of the trench. However, they are occasionally ordered to attack, and those who survive and excel may rise in the ranks.

----------------------------

Misc:

This game will use the D10 system.
This is a collaboration between myself and the amazing Wordweaver.
Thanks to NuclearArmadillo for some extra information!
You may die a lot in the earlier ranks. Players are less likely to be killed off as they get a foothold.

-----------------------------

Character Sheet:

Name:
Position: Infantry
Inventory: Just a weapon and leather armor to begin with. Nobody cares enough about the cannon fodder to outfit them with things that are expensive or magical.

Dino

Dino

Character list:

Name: Derrik
Inventory: His trusty Iron sword, a Leather chestplate, and a skill in unarmed combat.

Name: Otaku
Inventory: Silver Axe, leather leggins and leather breastplate.

Name: Jason
Inventory: Two rusted throwing knives, a shattered rusted throwing knife, a short sword, and a leather vest with right gauntlet and sleeve.

Name: V
Position: Shrekt emperess Infantry
Inventory: An iron sword and leather armor

Name: Kretin de Boer (his family is a farmers family)
Inventory: leather arm braces, a hoe (as in the thing farmers use) (He has some skill in polearms)

Name: Jim
Inventory: Leather armor, a bow and 20 arrows. Book that he likes to read

Name: Dave
Inventory: A magical machinegun that talks and gives him whatever he wants JK, bow+arrow and leather armor

Name: Ascanius
Inventory: An Iron Mace, a leather vest, and leather gauntlets.

Name: Valfar
Inventory: A leather on wood shield and standard-issue arming sword

Name: Nicoli
Inventory: Rapier and leather armour.

Rekekka

Name: Derrik
Inventory: His trusty Iron sword, a Leather chestplate, and a skill in unarmed combat.
Your local meme dealer. The man who also completed Final Fantasy 2 0% growths solo run.
"Go to Brazil."
This is a message from Lord Nergal.
I await you on the Dread Isle.

Dino

Quote from: coolman2443Name: Derrik
Accepted and added.

Faressain

Name: Otaku
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Dino

Quote from: FaressainName: Otaku
Not sure about the "leggins" but added. :P

Karanrimé

Name: Jason
Inventory: Two rusted throwing knives, a shattered rusted throwing knife, a short sword, and a leather vest with right gauntlet and sleeve.
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Starmeadows

Name: V

Dino

Quote from: TBGChildGamerName: Jason
Inventory: Three rusted throwing knives, a short sword, and a leather vest with right gauntlet and sleeve.
Accepted but the knives are very bad and will shatter on impact.

Quote from: Smiley100PName: V
Accepted.

Wordweaver

As above, so below.

Dino

We'll start when we get all the background files ready. Word, confirm?

Treehee

Name: Kretin de Boer (his family is a farmers family)
Inventory: leather arm braces, a hoe (as in the thing farmers use) (He has some skill in polearms)
greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja :P

Wolfslime123

Name: Jim
Inventory: Leather armor, a bow. Book that he likes to read
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Dino

Quote from: TreeheeName: Kretin de Boer (his family is a farmers family)
Accepted and added.
Quote from: Wolfslime123Name: Jim
Inventory: Leather armor, a sword. Book that he likes to read
Accepted and added.

Wolfslime123

Um... If they are in trenches and they all have melee weapons then how can they fight? I'm changing my weapon to a bow. Also, When do we start?
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Karanrimé

Quote from: Wolfslime123Um... If they are in trenches and they all have melee weapons then how can they fight? I'm changing my weapon to a bow. Also, When do we start?
Quote from: jji10dinoWe'll start when we get all the background files ready. Word, confirm?
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Dino

Quote from: Wolfslime123Um... If they are in trenches and they all have melee weapons then how can they fight? I'm changing my weapon to a bow. Also, When do we start?
Infantry are mainly "cannon fodder". They basically charge the other trench and hope they don't get shot. If they survive, they usually get a rankup. If not, they die. That's why I added the "you may die a lot in the earlier ranks" note.

Dino

It was a strangely peaceful day in the trenches. No cannon fire, no gunfire, no screaming from the comman- "ATTENTION!" Well, so much for that.

A moment later, Commander Allen, commander of infantry group 24601, continues. "At ease. I've just received word from the generals that the enemy is forming ranks." Commander Allen started pacing back and forth in the small room. "As you might imagine, that means they're going to attack."

"Wurm trails have been spotted moving towards this area of the trench, so you lot have been ordered to take up positions along the back of the pit. Should the beasts breach near your location, you will attempt to kill them and stop any troops which follow them through. Try not to die."

Six people - infantrymen by the name of Derrik, Otaku, Jason, V, Kretin, and Jim - are given the southernmost position. This particular assignment is considered to be quite safe, as it is the furthermost from the tunneling monsters which were approaching.

Of course, that doesn't seem to deter the gigantic, monstrous thing that crashes through the far side of the trench, or the mob of enemy soldiers running behind it. It seems that squad 24601 will stand up and fight- or, quite possibly, become food for the wurms.

Rekekka

Derrik readies himself with a few warm ups. More specifically, some streches, forms, and some swordsman skills.
Your local meme dealer. The man who also completed Final Fantasy 2 0% growths solo run.
"Go to Brazil."
This is a message from Lord Nergal.
I await you on the Dread Isle.

Wolfslime123

Quote from: jji10dino
Infantry are mainly "cannon fodder". They basically charge the other trench and hope they don't get shot. If they survive, they usually get a rankup. If not, they die. That's why I added the "you may die a lot in the earlier ranks" note.
Can I still use a bow? If so:

Jim puts an arrow to the string.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Dino

Quote from: Wolfslime123
Quote from: jji10dino
Can I still use a bow? If so:

Jim puts an arrow to the string.
Sure but you only get a couple of arrows (20) and the bow isn't very good.

Wolfslime123

Yay! Jim likes his position. He just hopes his hunting skills pay off and hopefully no "wurms" tunnel under him.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Faressain

Otaku prepares his axe... He hopes his lumberjack skills also pay off...
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Dino

Currently awaiting TBGCG, Smiley and Treehee.