News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Mod election results!!

Started by joefarebrother, Oct 17, 2016, 03:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joefarebrother

...Will be announced shortly :P

Just trolling, by "shortly" I mean "after you finish reading this line"

There were 20 total valid votes. There were no invalid votes. There was 1 outdated vote (the voter resubmitted)

Here is an anonymised spreadsheet (i.e. with the usernames and phrases removed) of all the valid votes, not including the old version of the one that was changed, so you can check the results for yourself in case I made a mistake somewhere: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_z9wgIqrjQcOalnNIg-VtQRWBnN9G2J1MRlvMeSMJXw/edit?usp=sharing (Let me know if you can't access it)

Round 1: Counting up just the '5 (best)' votes:

Tymewalk: 9
Faresain: 1
Smiley100P: 2
TheHockeyist: 2
DownsGameClub: 1
WordWeaver: 5

As you can see, the bottom place is tied between Faresain and DGC, meaning the number of '4' votes between them is counted as a tie breaker:

Faresain: 1
DownsGameClub: 5

Which means in the first round Faresain is eliminated and the '5' vote for him is transferred to it's '4' option, leading onto...

Round 2:

Tymewalk: 9
DownsGameClub: 2

The tie between Smiley, Hockeyist, and DGC is broken by number of 5 votes as it differs, meaning DGC is eliminated and the votes for DGC are transferred to their next highest option, leading to...

Round 3:

Tymewalk: 11

Now, as Tymewalk now has over the majority vote, Tymewalk is the winner!! Congratulations Tymewalk!

Not that it can affect the result any more, but out of interest, here's how the rest of the system would have worked out: As Smiley and Hockeyist are tied for lowest again, they will be tiebroken by number of '4' votes, which are:

Smiley: 2
Hockeyist: 2

Ok, let's tiebreak by '3' votes:

Smiley: 2
Hockeyist: 4

So Smiley100P is eliminated and the '5' votes for Smiley are transfered as follows:

Round 4:

Tymewalk: 12
WordWeaver: 6

Finally, Hockeyist is eliminated, leading to:

Round 5:

Tymewalk: 13
WordWeaver: 7

Anyway, congratulations to Tymewalk for winning the 10th TBG moderator election and becoming our newest moderator! jji7skyline will add moderator privileges to your account soon.
Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

Siverko

The result was not what I expected, but I feel that I was kind of doomed from the start, with a rather sketchy speech and a less than ideal history on the site. I respect the results of the vote, and hereby hand the moderator crown over to Tymewalk. I feel that he would do an excellent job moderating. Even if I won, I feel that my time would be taken up by real life obligations, and so I am satisfied that Tymewalk won. If I couldn't moderate, I would have wanted him in my place. And that is what happened. Good luck moderating, Tymewalk. May the power be vested within you.
I have returned.

Siverko - pronounced "SEE-vehr-koh" (IPA: [ˈsiverko]), from a traditional Slavic word meaning "cold north wind".

Tymewalk

OH YEAH!

Thanks for all your support, guys! I hope to be a good mod for the TBGs. :)

When I officially become a mod I'll start doing stuff like answering in the C&C and Q&S threads and all that.

Like any other human being there's going to be times when I'm around and times when I'm not. So if I'm gone for a while, don't worry. Especially with brand-new mod powers I'll be eagerly awaiting to ban my first spambot. perryriley better watch out...

I'm usually in chat, so I'll be listening for any concerns or ideas you'd like to discuss. I also have profiles on Scratch and Reddit (as Tymewalk) and while they're not perfect for private discussion, it's something.

I'll try to keep things open and friendly as much as possible to make sure that's the tone of our little community.

Once again, thanks to everyone, and great job to the other candidates who ran!
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Starmeadows

Oh my g o d

I mean I'm not upset that I lost the election here but TYME

HE'S GOING TO RULE US WITH AN IRON F I S T

SENDING US TO HUNGER GAMES AND KILLING THOSE WHO QUESTIONS HIS ATHOURITY

START THE R E B E L L I O N

Siverko

@Smiley...???

No need to start a rebellion. If you hate this site now, why not move to Canada?
I have returned.

Siverko - pronounced "SEE-vehr-koh" (IPA: [ˈsiverko]), from a traditional Slavic word meaning "cold north wind".

Tymewalk

Quote from: Smiley100POh my g o d

OH YES

IF ONCE HUNGRY GAMES IS ANY INDICATOR PREPARE FOR THE NBGs

SHORT FOR NOTHING BASED GAMES

:P
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

DownsGameClub

LOL

Siverko

Quote from: Tymewalk

OH YES

Tymewalk... I know you're hyped, but can we at least be a bit less crazy in our personality? Thanks.
I have returned.

Tymewalk

Quote from: TheHockeyist

OH YES

Tymewalk... I know you're hyped, but can we at least be a bit less crazy in our personality? Thanks.
OK. :)

Siverko

Quote from: TheHockeyist
Quote from: TymewalkOH YES

OK. :)
Thank you good moderator sir.
I have returned.

P-Code

Karanrimé

I so would have beat you if it were November

CONGRATS TYMEWALK! BE THE MOST POPULAR MOD :P
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Wordweaver

Congrats, Tyme! May your reign moderator-dom be long and fruitful.
As above, so below.

objecty

YAY TYMEWALK

I GAVE YOU A 5

ALSO STAY AS CRAZY AS YOU LIKE
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

Dino

red herring

dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

jji7skyline

Congrats Tyme you're now officially a moderator :)
I see the world inside of one...
I see the world inside of two...
I see the world inside of me...
I see the world inside of you...                                 ~ Policy Concept

DownsGameClub

Quote from: jji7skylineCongrats Tyme you're now officially a moderator :)
YAY!

Tymewalk

Quote from: jji7skylineCongrats Tyme you're now officially a moderator :)
Woo! Thanks!

I'll be spending the next while looking at all the shiny new buttons. :P

edward789121

Quote from: TymewalkOH YEAH!

Thanks for all your support, guys! I hope to be a good mod for the TBGs. :)

When I officially become a mod I'll start doing stuff like answering in the C&C and Q&S threads and all that.

Like any other human being there's going to be times when I'm around and times when I'm not. So if I'm gone for a while, don't worry. Especially with brand-new mod powers I'll be eagerly awaiting to ban my first spambot. perryriley better watch out...

I'm usually in chat, so I'll be listening for any concerns or ideas you'd like to discuss. I also have profiles on Scratch and Reddit (as Tymewalk) and while they're not perfect for private discussion, it's something.

I'll try to keep things open and friendly as much as possible to make sure that's the tone of our little community.

Once again, thanks to everyone, and great job to the other candidates who ran!
I wish I could at least enter the election, but congratulations!
PS:can you do another cleanup?
mod share | intforums << please visit them, my mom doesn't want me to be too social on scratch.
my scratch account
my github account
EdCoin
my mom doesn't want me to be too social on scratch, so please join //forums.thegt.org, and tell GeonoTRON2000 I referred you, and we will both gain 50 fish there.

Dino

Like I said on the "Moderator Election Discussion", will one mod be enough? That's still only 3  active mods. Somelia isn't that active these days (sorry!).

Tymewalk

Quote from: edward789121PS:can you do another cleanup?
What kind of cleanup?

BTW, now that I'm a mod, I'll be answering questions on the Questions and Suggestions thread as well.

Quote from: jji10dinoLike I said on the "Moderator Election Discussion", will one mod be enough? That's still only 3  active mods. Somelia isn't that active these days (sorry!).
^^

edward789121

What kind of cleanup?

BTW, now that I'm a mod, I'll be answering questions on the Questions and Suggestions thread as well.

Quote from: jji10dinoLike I said on the "Moderator Election Discussion", will one mod be enough? That's still only 3  active mods. Somelia isn't that active these days (sorry!).
^^
you know, "operation cleanup", of course, the other mods will (hupefully) help.
mod share | intforums << please visit them, my mom doesn't want me to be too social on scratch.
my scratch account
my github account
EdCoin
my mom doesn't want me to be too social on scratch, so please join //forums.thegt.org, and tell GeonoTRON2000 I referred you, and we will both gain 50 fish there.

red herring

Yeah
(Make me a mod :P)
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

Tymewalk

Quote from: edward789121
What kind of cleanup?

^^
you know, "operation cleanup", of course, the other mods will (hupefully) help.
Um, not really sure what you mean by that. I've never heard of it :P

It doesn't look like the TBGs need much cleaning up anyways, unless I'm missing something.