News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Battlebots- TBGforums edition

Started by Starmeadows, Sep 03, 2016, 07:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmeadows

About

BattleBots is a popular show about fighting robots that was aired on Comedy Central for 5 seasons from 2000 until 2002, and later revived as a YouTube-exclusive series of episodes covering the 2009 collegiate tournament. The show is an American version of Robot Wars, which makes sense since they both share a common ancestor in the original Robot Wars competitions in the United States during the early and mid 1990's

It was hosted in the first two seasons by Bil Dwyer and Sean Salisbury. In the third season Sean was replaced by Tim Green. Mark Beiro did the robot announcements in all five seasons.

A six-episode revival of the series aired on ABC on June 1st, 2015. The revival is hosted by Chris Rose and Kenny Florian, with assistance from Molly McGrath and later, Samantha Ponder. The announcements are now done by Faruq Tauheed. Some changes have been made to the rules, notably allowing flamethrowers and the overall removal of weight divisions - with one division set between the limits of the original Heavyweight and Super Heavyweight divisions.

The revival was successful enough that a second season, with a larger field of 56 competitors, was announced in November 2015. Season 2 features the addition of drones, and a revised tournament system compared to the one in the first season. It premiered on June 23 2016 and it ended, like yesterday.

Building
You start with $1000 and a 64x64 sheet of metal, and you can buy a bunch of armor, wheels, motors, weapons, and batteries.

Combat
The combat system uses generic d20s with modifiers.  The modifiers involve the stuff you buy for your robot.  Each bout can last up to 30 turns (excluding rumbles and finals, which can go to 50) or until one bot is rendered incapitated (in which it will take 3 turns to be counted out and cannot move unless you roll a 10) or obliterated.  If the match lasts 30 turns, I will analyze the battle and determine a winner based on the results.  Other people (Like, those who didn't fight that round) can help, but the decision is ultimately mine.
Because I am the GM.

Rules
No cheating.  I don't know how you can, however.
If I am completely inactive for days with no good reason, Feel free to pester me.
SFW only, obviously.

Form:
Bot name: (feel free to change this.  XD)

Starmeadows

Bracket
None yet.  :P

Bots

Team Obliterater:
Oblithertron: Swiss army bot
SkyFly: Spinner drone

Starmeadows

Shop:

6*6*6 inch cube of armor plating- $100
Basic spinner- $100
Vertical Spinner- $125
Drum Spinner- $120
Hammer- $100
Small spinner- $25
Wheel- $25
Basic engine- $50
+2 SPD engine- $75
+4 SPD engine- $100
+10 SPD engine- $200 (2 free SPD!)
10 turn battery- $50
30 turn battery- $125
Flipper- $75
Fan- $10

If you want anything else on here, let me know.  :P

Starmeadows

Rewards
Win a single battle: $100
Third Place: $500
Second Place: $1000
First place: $2000 and a Giant Nut
Let your bot exist for an IRL day: $25
Off-Season: $1000
Win the rumble: $500
Second place rumble: $250
Third place rumble: $100

Karanrimé

Bot [team] name: Obliterater

Buy a 10SPD engine, 4 wheels, a 6*6*6 armor cube, which will become tire guards.
thet's 400?

A 30 turn battery,

And Each weapon:

Cut the sheet up into two pieces, about 2/3 1/3.
Fold the 2/3 sheet into a box, use the extra pieces to reinforce the top bottom, and sides, drill a hole for each weapon,
and then with the 1/3 piece, buy another 30 turn battery, and an engine. and two basic spinners. Use one on top of the drone, and one on the bottom. Fold the drone piece into a box, then put the stuff inside.

I now have a Swiss army bot, and a spinner drone.

Inventory:

Team Obliterater:

Basic spinner (has a 1 in 3 chance of recoiling)- 1
Hammer- 1
Small spinner- 1

$50
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Starmeadows

Quote from: TBGChildGamerBot [team] name: Obliterater

Buy a 10SPD engine, 4 wheels, a 6*6*6 armor cube, which will become tire guards.
thet's 400?

A 30 turn battery,

And Each weapon:

Cut the sheet up into two pieces, about 2/3 1/3.
Fold the 2/3 sheet into a box, use the extra pieces to reinforce the top bottom, and sides, drill a hole for each weapon,
and then with the 1/3 piece, buy another 30 turn battery, and an engine. and two basic spinners. Use one on top of the drone, and one on the bottom. Fold the drone piece into a box, then put the stuff inside.

I now have a Swiss army bot, and a spinner drone.

Inventory:

Team Obliterater:

Basic spinner (has a 1 in 3 chance of recoiling)- 1
Hammer- 1
Small spinner- 1

$0

AAH

I FORGOT FANS

Karanrimé

Then replace the small spinner at the top with five fans, in an X formation, and put the other spinner on the bottom.
$0

[under construction]

;

Starmeadows

Quote from: TBGChildGamerThen replace the small spinner at the top with five fans, in an X formation, and put the other spinner on the bottom.
$0
Done.

Karanrimé

May I have My topic now? Or is it a different manner?

[under construction]

;

Starmeadows

Quote from: TBGChildGamerMay I have My topic now? Or is it a different manner?
I GM multiple battles at once, in case up to 48 want to join.

Karanrimé

[under construction]

;

Starmeadows

Noted.

Mind you, I'm just waiting for other people.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

CellularData

Quote from: 8435.5Randomize my bot.
this game is dead
(insert something fun here)

TBGs motto of 2018: let's not die please

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Quote from: epicanna27
Quote from: 8435.5Randomize my bot.
this game is dead