News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

The Dragon Keepers 5FG - FULL as of right now (new update)

Started by TurquoiseTabby, Apr 30, 2016, 12:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurquoiseTabby

Hello! In The Dragon Keepers MFG, you get the thrill and fun of finding dragon eggs, raising them, and keeping/setting them free!
NEW UPATE
New dragons, I'm back, different dragon rotation, opened marketplace to all levels, LOOKING FOR A CO-OWNER (please note, co-owners may not keep files.)
The Basic Concept-
You adventure around four different areas, finding dragon eggs and raising them. All of this is dictated by skill, luck, and wealth.
You start as a meager Young Dragon Trainer, trying to work your way to the top. You choose an area to set up camp, and look around. You may find some dragon eggs, or baby dragons! All of that is up to the dice (I will talk more about this later). Then, you bring the egg or dragon into your camp. You nurture it, feed it, and make sure it has enough space. But be careful! They grow quickly, and unexpected plot turns can happen at any moment. Once you breed and grow enough dragons, you will make it to Trustworty Dragon Trainer. You will be given a satchel of coins, which are worth food, objects, and other things!
 Try to work your way up to Master Dragon Trainer and become the top of your class!
Mapping the Areas
There will be text art maps for each of the areas. This is, essentially, what one will look like -
++++*+++
+*+++!!!!!!
++++*+++
+/++7+++
+++++*++
Map Key -
+ - Regular grass space
* - Trees
!! - Your Camp
0 - A possible dragon egg
/ - Veggie/grain food
7 - Meat food
-Related Links-
The Marketplace - https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=2819 for trading, selling etc.
Meet Other Players Here - https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=2823 or submit a post on the front page
Tabby's RP Shoppe - https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=2757 the official store for this RP
Conversion from Rublits to Food -
Take the number of Rublits, then half it. If it doesn't divide in half evenly, round down. If the number is 1, keep it as it is. This is the number of bundles of food that you need.
Conversion of Rublits to Coins -
Take the number of Rublits, then half it. If it doesn't divide in half evenly, round down. Subtract two from that. If the number is zero or below, leave it at one. This is the number of coins it takes to purchase something.
Or, you can trade crystals, dragons, or eggs. These prices must be negotiated with me.
About the Dice-
When you find an egg, I will roll a 1d2. If you get a 2, the dragon is yours! Now, for caring for it. When you find food, I will roll a 1d5, and if you get an odd number, the food is yours. More complex dice rules will be added as the game continues.  
XP and what it is -
Just a quick explanation of rankings and XP, because it's needed. You start out with 0 XP, and get more every time that you get a dragon, raise a dragon, buy things, or complete tasks. Here's the breakdown on the ranks -
Master Dragon Trainer - 750 XP
Accomplished Dragon Trainer - 500 XP
Reputable Dragon Trainer - 350 XP
Not New Anymore Dragon Trainer - 220 XP
Trustworthy Dragon Trainer - 100 XP
Young Dragon Trainer - 0 XP
Coins and the Market
Once you reach the 'Trustworthy Dragon Trainer' status, and get your share of coins (400 coins), the Marketplace will open up. You will now be able to trade, buy and sell different items that you need or have. For example, if you go to The Central Market (run by me) you will be able to buy, sell and trade things with me. Once other dragon trainers get to the 'Trustworthy Dragon Trainer' status, you will be able to buy, sell, and trade things with them.
Player Vs. Player Action!
(thanks Smiley100P!) Okay... So maybe just peacefully finding dragon eggs is not enough for you... Well, here's PVP combat! This is basically how it goes -
You can have battles with other players, if you share an area with them (you need to challenge them, and you do that by saying 'I challenge [player's name]!') or, you can also have battles once every two days with any other player. When you battle a player, you put something that you own (a spot where a dragon egg might be, a dragon egg, coins, anything, really) and the other person does the same. If you win the battle, you keep your thing and get the other person's as well. If you lose.. well... there goes your perfect piece of treasure! Each person starts out with 30 HP. This will get higher when you win battles and level up. You fight by using a set of battle moves. There are a couple of rules to these battles.
1. You may only use five different moves. One with 2 HP that you can use infinitely, one with 6 HP that you can use twice, and one special one with between 6 and 10 points that you can only use once every two battles. Also, where you can find dragon eggs, you can find special crystals that allow you to use special moves. I will elaborate on this when you find one.
2. No saying 'I kill X', it's no fun.
3. Your combat moves can be things that you or your dragon can perform. Make at least one move that only your dragon can do. (both you and your dragon share the same HP)
4. Please note, you have the right to decline a combat offer.
Okay... You're ready! Any questions or suggestions please tell me!
Breeding Dragons
A very necessary part of this game. (again, thanks Smiley100P) Alright. How do you breed? Well, It's mostly up to the dragons and partly up to the dice. I will roll a 1d10 and if I get a 1, the dragon is the same as the mother dragon. If I roll a 2, it will be the same as the father dragon. If I roll a 3-6, it will be the most common variant. If I roll a 7 or 8, it will be a rare dragon, and if I roll a 9 or 10, congrats! It's a super-rare dragon!
Meeting Other People
You can meet other players either at The Marketplace, or at an area that overlaps in both of your maps. When you meet, you can talk, fight, breed your dragons (you will both get a different dragon, or, if I roll a 10 for either one of you, you will get twin super rare dragons. Go to this link to meet other players in any place other than the marketplace, to do anything other than fight.
Well... What are you waiting for? Fill out the form below and you get your own file!  
NAME - (if none is put I will just use your username)
PREFERRED STARTER DRAGON (earth, water, or fire. this will be the dragon that you first take care of.)
AGE - (in the game. Doesn't have to be in real life!)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Players -
1. NuclearArmadillo
2. Smiley100P
3.Beagel
4. emerald18nr
5. Faressain
--------------------------------------------------
Manager - TurquoiseTabby
-----------------------------------
Ranks -
Master Dragon Trainer
Accomplished Dragon Trainer
Reputable Dragon Trainer
Not New Anymore Dragon Trainer
Trustworthy Dragon Trainer
Young Dragon Trainer - NuclearArmadillo Smiley100P, Beagel, emerald18nr, Faressain
------------------------------------------------
Wait List -
jj10dino
-------------------------------------
The Dragon Egg Guide -
This comprehensive guide talks about all dragons! It offers the different types, rarities, and other nuances of dragons and dragon breeding.
------------------------------
     Basic Dragons -
Fire - Available any time. Is the most common dragon. You start out with your choice of one of the basic dragons.
Water - Available at any time. Is the most common dragon. You start out with your choice of one of the three basic dragons.
Earth - Also available at any time. Is the most common dragon. You start out with one of these three dragons, your choice.
     Common Dragons -
Red Dragon - Part Fire and part Earth dragon. Only eats meat.
Green Dragon - Part Earth and part Water dragon.  Only eats plants.
Wood Dragon - Part earth and part Green dragon.  Is an omnivore.
Flower Dragon - Part Fire and part Water dragon.  Only eats meat.
Air Dragon - Part fire and part water. Is an omnivore
Glass Dragon - Part water and part any non-basic dragon.  Is an omnivore.
Mist Dragon - Part water and part air dragon. Only eats plants
Ice Dragon - Part water and part glass dragon. Is an omnivore.
     Rare Dragons -
Metal Dragon - Part Wood and part Glass dragon.  Is an omnivore.
Lightning Dragon - Part Air and part ?????? dragon. Is an omnivore
Rainbow Dragon - Part Metal dragon and part Red or Green dragon. Only eats meat.
Charcoal Dragon - Part fire dragon and part ??????? dragon. Only eats meat.
     Super Rare Dragons -
Magic Dragon - Part ??????? dragon and part Golden dragon. Only eats plants.
Golden Dragon - Part Flower dragon and part ????? dragon.  Only eats plants.
----------
Hopefully I will add more soon!
Dragon Egg Rotation  -
Available Dragons -
Flower Dragon
Golden Dragon
Glass Dragon
Ice Dragon
Water Dragon
Earth Dragon
Fire Dragon
Charcoal Dragon
(thanks NuclearArmadillo!)
Enjoy the game!
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------
Maybe, as we slowly march towards death, we actually just experience one large, interwoven, and often wonderful coincidence.

NuclearArmadillo

[removed by moderator - inappropriate]

Starmeadows

NAME - Smiley
PREFERRED STARTER DRAGON - Water
AGE - 1337 (It's complicated.  He's a different Species from us.  :P)

(Is PvP and/or breeding possible?)

TurquoiseTabby

You're in!
(I'll add rules about the pvp and dragon breeding)
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------
Maybe, as we slowly march towards death, we actually just experience one large, interwoven, and often wonderful coincidence.

NuclearArmadillo

Eyy make a dragon rotation that changes every x days to show what dragons you could get from eggs

NuclearArmadillo

TurquoiseTabby

(about the dragon rotation, Ok. It won't be very complex now, but I will build it as time goes on)(as for the dice, I just like using all different types! :D)
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

TurquoiseTabby

(I added a Dragon Rotation Chart... Is that what you meant, or did I misunderstand? Thanks! :)
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

objecty

NAME - november
PREFERRED STARTER DRAGON - fire
AGE - 15
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

objecty

how do I start camp? do I just pick which world I want it on or does it go in a certain spot in a world?
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

TurquoiseTabby

You pick where you camp in your file. I make different, random maps for each person, and you choose which one you want.
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

Starmeadows

(Are some types stronger than others?)
https://www.random.org btw
(Also, Are you aware I overpower you both?)

TurquoiseTabby

(I might make a rule about dragons being stronger in fights, or maybe make a dragon fighting ring or something, but for now, no. Maybe, though, when you discover a super rare dragon, it will grant you special powers!)
(Interesting link! I was just listening to a radio show with Neil DeGrasse Tyson talking about truly random number generators)
(How, pray tell, do you overpower us?)
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

emerald18nr

I will have a file.
Name: Emerald Rivers
Starter: Water

Also, my farming MFG has been dead for a while, as I went inactive. I might make a new game, however.
Wuff~

TurquoiseTabby

Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

Starmeadows

Quote from: TurquoiseTabby(I might make a rule about dragons being stronger in fights, or maybe make a dragon fighting ring or something, but for now, no. Maybe, though, when you discover a super rare dragon, it will grant you special powers!)
(Interesting link! I was just listening to a radio show with Neil DeGrasse Tyson talking about truly random number generators)
(How, pray tell, do you overpower us?)
Water Quenches fire.

Faressain

NAME - Faressain
PREFERRED STARTER DRAGON - Fire
AGE - 22
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

TurquoiseTabby

Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

TurquoiseTabby

Smiley100P, good point.
We need someone with earth, who can just soak it up.
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

NuclearArmadillo

easy- dual typing red dragon negates water with weakness and resistance
(i play competitive pokemon lel)

Starmeadows

(I also play Pokemon.  However, the duel typing is also weak to water and water resists the grass part, so they're about equal.)

NuclearArmadillo

(what tier? i play in ou and sometimes monotype for fun)

Starmeadows

NuclearArmadillo

(Oh, I meant I play competitive, like on online versions and whatnot)

Dino