News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Trapped inside the TBGs! [Remake]

Started by joefarebrother, Aug 08, 2015, 04:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joefarebrother

This is a remake if an RPG I uses to enjoy a long time ago, but all the active users left the site except me.

Basically, you wake up one day and find yourself in a strange town. Upon closer inspection, you realise that all the buildings have banners, corresponding to the name of a TBG on this site. Every building contains something (often a pad of paper, in which writing in does stuff) that affects the surroundings in some unique way specific to the game. Some will be harmless little distractions with minimal effects, but others will have immense power over this world. However, you can never leave this world. Or destroy it. You can attempt to, but it will never work. You are... Trapped inside the TBGs.

Notes:
- You don't need to sign up to play. Your character is yourself.
- No RPGs. Only TBGs. Don't want to get too meta.
- The first person to enter a game's building decides how it works. But try to make it as interesting as possible.
- If you search for this same name you might find the original if you are interested or stuck for ideas
- Try to make it interesting!

-----

I wake up. Where am I? I look around. I am in some kind of strange town. I walk into the nearest building. There is a huge vending machine or something. I take a coin from my pocket and drop it into the unusually large slot. Nothing happens. I notice a pad of paper nearby. The words  "You get a..." appear, almost as a hint as I don't know what to do. I pick up a nearby pencil and try to write something. Why won't this write?. I notice on the opposite wall a list of rules. One briefly highlights: "No double posting". Ah. I need to wait for someone else to decide what I get.
Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

savaka

I wake up. I enter a building labeled "The Vending Machine Of Power". I see joefarebrother. After reading the rules listed on the wall, I go to the paper and complete the sentence by writing "... arcade game!"

laser314

I remember this. It got pretty insane at the end. :P

I fall out of a tree. Lookign around, I notice a lot of familiar names on buildings.
I appear sometimes in the corner of your screen....
Only to vanish in an instant....

joefarebrother

Suddenly, an arcade game shoots out of the giant vending machine. Whoa "I think this is the TBGs or something!". I walk outside. I look around at all the buildings. One catches my eye. I start walking towards "My wish is ruined"

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

eveadelekitty

I wake up and fall on my butt. Looking up... wait, did I get trapped here AGAIN? I check to see if I can still shapeshift...
*grunt* *groan*
...Nope. I decide my plan is to get out.

I duck into the My Wish Is Ruined building, writing down 'I wish to be able to shapeshift into anything' to kick off the thread. I try to write 'Granted, the genie feels good today' but the pen won't write. I draw a pair of Groucho glasses on my face and try again, this time writing 'Granted, you lose the Groucho glasses you drew on your face.' It... works? I just used a fake I.D. Something catches my eye...
The New Topic button...

mmm whatcha sayyyy

savaka

I realize that my post was incomplete. I reach into my pocket and pull out an insect, which I insert into the vending machine.

I then leave the building and go to a building labeled "In-app purchases". I remember creating this game on the TBGs. Inside there is a table in the center of the room. On the table is a smartphone. It doesn't seem to be running iOS, Android, or Windows Phone. There are many apps installed on the phone, most of which seem to be games. I look them up on the phone's app store and they are all labeled "free" and have very low ratings. Next to the phone is a pad of paper, on which the rules say to "make up funny in-app purchases (like in mobile games) and rate". I open a game app and go to its empty in-app purchase store. On the pad, I write "Unlock In-app Purchases Store - $5", . It appears on the app, and the in-app purchase store is locked (permanently :)). I exit that app, because there are infinite more apps to put in-app purchases on.

Sorry if my description of the in-app purchases game was too long.

CatsUnited

I hire a lawyer to find loopholes to get out. I attempt to disconnect the internet connection and also try and do something crazy to crash the server. I feel like this is The Matrix, so I jump into the  "In-app purchases" building.

joefarebrother

I go into My Wish Is Ruined. Eveadellekitty is there. I can't think of any wishes right now, so I take one sheet of paper with me and a pen. I go into the next building: rate the website above you. There us a computer, which is off. Nearby is some paper, on which I write "scratch.mit.edu". The computer suddenly turns on and loads up the scratch website. Nice. I start making a simple game. Then I get bored and try to go to another site. But it won't work. On the MWIR paper, I write "I wish someone was here to rate this site and write a new one", as I have an idea.

CatsUnited

I write a URL on a piece of paper that sends me to a javascript terminal, thanks to the loophole in the above post. I code a script so the browser closes.

Siverko

Cats... Is that allowed?

I'm assuming not.

Anyways, I get revenge on the mods by banning them in the "Ban the person above you" game.
I have returned.

Siverko - pronounced "SEE-vehr-koh" (IPA: [ˈsiverko]), from a traditional Slavic word meaning "cold north wind".

joefarebrother

Once cats has has finished messing around with the javascript console (which didn't affect anything other than the computer), I write 9/10 on the paper. Then, with a smirk, start writing "tbgforums.com". But the pen stops working. Outside, I see a message: "You have been banned". I walk into "ban the person above you" and read the rules. It seems that when someone bans the the person above (hockeyest) I will be unbanned.

Siverko

I have returned.

Siverko - pronounced "SEE-vehr-koh" (IPA: [ˈsiverko]), from a traditional Slavic word meaning "cold north wind".

joefarebrother

I grab a sheet of BtPAY paper and go find Cats. I say "Hey if you write 'banned for taking revenge' I'll grant you a free wish in MWiR!"

Siverko

I tell Cats that joefarebrother is lying.
I have returned.

joefarebrother

I sigh in frustration, then go into "In app purchases" and start playing games until I am unbanned.

Siverko

I type Руддщ цщкдвю Рщц фку нщг вщштп, Ш куфддн рщзу ерфе ершы штащкьфешщт шы гыуагд! on the ЙЦУКЕНize it topic.
I have returned.

PrincessPandaTBG

I go inside a building called "Talk only with images". There were a bunch of images, usually GIFs, scattered around. This was my favorite:
A regular TBGer from 2015-7, bless Sonic the Hedgehog
DARN YOU LACK OF SUPPORT FOR WEBP

Siverko

Anyways, Ш ащкпще ещ ыуе ьн лунищфкв ифсл ещ Утпдшыр фтв тщц Ш фь зукьфтутедн ензштп шт Снкшддшсю
I have returned.

savaka

Bing Translator fails to translate TheHockeyist's Russian (or possibly Ukrainian) text.

Siverko

It's not either language. It's a simple keyboard code.

Hint: Russian ЙЦУКЕН layout.
I have returned.

joefarebrother

I go outside. I try to go to "talk with only images", but it appears to be closed. I see PrincessPandaTBG through the window. I slip a sheet of BtPAY paper under the door, and some MWiR paper and say "Hey if you write 'banned for confusing  people with Russian text' on this and wish yourself free with this, I promise to grant it! Also, it will ban Hockeyist!"

firefang16

I pop in. I see Person vs. Person!!!!!! and go inside. I write, "Harry Potter vs. Katniss Everdeen. Reason: Famous book characters" In the room, two living pictures pop up. I try to write my answer, but it says "No double posting."
I'm very inactive here and on Scratch. Just remember Narancia best boy ;)

firefang16

Siverko

I make a second account called qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq.
I have returned.

firefang16