News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Questions and Suggestions

Started by 360-International, Sep 21, 2012, 02:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

360-International

A place to post questions or suggestions for the TBG forums :)

kayybee

Hey, jj. I thought people objected to having a banner for the tbg alternatives...

If not, I think it should say "TBGs are officially being unsupported. Please use the alternative." so it doesn't seem like the TBGs are the same thing as the NTBGs.

jji7skyline

1) there will be a questions and suggestions topic shortly
2) I do not want to encourage spam, plus this is designed to replace the original tbgs anyway.
I see the world inside of one...
I see the world inside of two...
I see the world inside of me...
I see the world inside of you...                                 ~ Policy Concept

tailskirbyyoshifan

Two questions:

1: When are we having the moderator elections?

2: Are we going to use the existing TBG Mascots for the NTBGs?

I'd like your answers ASAP, thanks. :P

jji7skyline

1. After public release.

2. Yes.
I see the world inside of you...                                 ~ Policy Concept

shpeters

Will people get their ranks from the old TGBs?
Pretend something interesting is here.

tailskirbyyoshifan

Quote from: jji7skyline1. After public release.

2. Yes.
Ok.

More questions...

1. When is "after public release"?

2. Can I be the official artist of the Mascots? If so, do I get some fancy title?

3. Any plans of making an official logo for the NTBGs?

ka-doink4545o0

[removed - offensive]

360-International

Lol, awesome

Quote from: shpetersWill people get their ranks from the old TGBs TBGs?
I think that jji7skyline has already decided against it...?

tailskirbyyoshifan

Quote from: tailskirbyyoshifan

2. Yes.
Ok.

More questions...

2. Can I be the official artist of the Mascots? If so, do I get some fancy title?

:3

jji7skyline

2. Yes.
Ok.

More questions...

1. Just before the original TBGs shut down.

2. We could have a contest... do you like the idea? :)

3. It's possible, to highlight the new-ness of it.

tailskirbyyoshifan

Quote from: jji7skyline
Quote from: tailskirbyyoshifanOk.

More questions...

1. Just before the original TBGs shut down.

2. We could have a contest... do you like the idea? :)

3. It's possible, to highlight the new-ness of it.
1. Ok.

2. I would really appreciate it if I could be the official artist, because I handled the Mascot polls and such, plus I'm the only person that's willing to draw them.

3. I made an NTBG logo. I can post it later. :D

360-International

When will the font size be fixed?

mythbusteranimator

Can you let us see the User List?

check out this site
i heard it's cool ;)

kayybee

Quote from: mythbusteranimatorCan you let us see the User List?
Skyline said mods and admins only...

mythbusteranimator

*sigh*
It doesn't have to be an EXACT replica of the TBGs....

check out this site
i heard it's cool ;)

kayybee

Quote from: mythbusteranimator*sigh*
Actually, I'm pretty sure the old tbgs don't even have a user list. I think it was deleted...

pf

Before I say anything, I must make it clear that I do not mean anyone to get offended by something I say. That is not my intention and I'm sorry if I do. :/

I think that since this forums seem to be the official replacement, there is a great deal of responsibility in managing them. It is very nice of jji7skyline to offer his time for our enjoyment; I respect that. I just hope that he understands the importance of such a position. I think he'll do well, though. :)

And then comes the question of Administrators and Moderators. These positions need to be filled carefully. I've heard that MBA and 360-International were going to be Administrators. I have nothing against these two users - I think they're awesome people - but I feel like they are going to fill the position just because of a vote where the candidates weren't really running. I don't think this is the best way to chose someone for such a high responsibility.

Just so you know, I'm definitely not trying to promote myself for such a position. There are users that are probably more qualified than I am. ^^

I hope that you guys understand all the decisions you need to make and how important they are. Good luck. :D

Do you any of you agree with me, by the way?

tailskirbyyoshifan

Personally, I like our Admins; jji7skyline is mature, helpful, and qualified for the job, MBA and 360 are also well liked by the community and have shown a great earnestness in being admins.

As for the mods: I don't know who specifically would enter in the election, but I'm definitely applying for the position.

dvd4

shpeters

Pretend something interesting is here.

360-International

Quote from: kayybee
Quote from: mythbusteranimator*sigh*
Actually, I'm pretty sure the old tbgs don't even have a user list. I think it was deleted...
No, it has, one, but it's not visible to users.

1. When will the font size be fixed?
2. When will the signature limit threshold be readjusted?

pf

Thanks you guys for telling me your opinions. :)
And tailskirbyyoshifan, I agree with you about Skyline. He is very helpful and suitable for the job. I'm happy that he was the one to stand up and take on this responsibility.
I did notice that you said that MBA and 360 were 'well liked by the community'. It is good that the admins be liked by the community - it would be bad if they weren't - I was just saying that that shouldn't be the only factor. I'm not saying it is the only factor for these two users either though.
You also said that they 'have shown a great earnestness in being admins'. From what I've seen is more of an excitement in having such power. I'm sure that they will take the job with seriousness, but it's just come across that way. And sure, I would be excited as well, but it just seems that they are sorta happy about the title almost wholly. :/

Anyways, I'd like to see Skyline's view on this. :) Thank you guys for taking the time to read it. ^^

mythbusteranimator

Quote from: tailskirbyyoshifanPersonally, I like our Admins; jji7skyline is mature, helpful, and qualified for the job, MBA and 360 are also well liked by the community and have shown a great earnestness in being admins.

As for the mods: I don't know who specifically would enter in the election, but I'm definitely applying for the position.
D'awww..... :3

check out this site
i heard it's cool ;)

mythbusteranimator

check out this site
i heard it's cool ;)