News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

THE NOSTALGIA

Started by Uzi, Aug 12, 2014, 06:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uzi

Post sumtin really nostalgic.

RATE ABOVE!

no one above me/10

Coming across a song they played every morning in kindergarten.
lol this signature was so bad i had to change it to something else

derpmeup

9/10

Seeing a picture of you and some of your old friends that was taken 8 years ago.
Pickin' up activity.

friendoffriend

Welcome to Aperture! Join Portal RPG today!
Play Room, the first MFRPG!
SJR joked on my Minesweeper MFG. Look it what he did. Lol!
Also, somebody made an account that joked about mine. Again, LOL!

link
Dear Guests: Please make an account. From, friendoffriend

tailskirbyyoshifan

I don't know what OOT is /10

Watching old Scratch projects of mine.

Note: This project was made when I was in 4th grade, and I had no common sense and / or brain. Proceed with caution.

TheLetterThorn

10/10 :P

Cleaning out the dresser of the room you used to sleep in and coming across a letter your best friend sent you seven years ago.
Thorn | TBG Team | Massive Nerd
Currently on vacation and will remain active until the spring semester.
Obsessed with William Butler Yeats until further notice.
Visit my website, where I display my creative and web projects.
Pronouns: at this point do i even know? (he/him/his)

ROSMan

Quote from: tailskirbyyoshifanI don't know what OOT is
OoT= Ocarina of Time

9/10 Funny, in third grade my class had to do that and we mailed them out to get them back at the beginning of high school. It was awesome.

Coming across old picture books you drew that have terribled grammar in them.
[see what I did there?]

Uzi

5/10

Going to your old Eggcave account
Finding you have 1 creature left
An immortal ultra rare
lol this signature was so bad i had to change it to something else

jji7skyline

?/10

Going through old family videos.
I see the world inside of one...
I see the world inside of two...
I see the world inside of me...
I see the world inside of you...                                 ~ Policy Concept

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

8/10

v a p o r w a v e
j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

Shpore

5/10

I realized this is like my game, but it's slightly different.

Anyways, Halloween.

NasomiXIV

WARNING: I am insane.
They say games are a product, rather than a service. Certainly a nice thought, however this is more fiction than truth.
Each and every day, new games are created, with most being infested with microtransactions, paid expansions, and subscription services, bogging down (or blocking off entirely) the user experience until they cough up their life savings, even after having already purchased the game. However, we as fans have remedied the problems that plague modern games through modifications and fan servers. There is, however, one last game to fix.

This is why I have changed my name. To spread awareness of what must be done. What we want. We want...NasomiXIV.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

Joyous Theta

Most nostalgic thing I have about that game is that the disk stopped working and I hate throwing bombs at junk that 120th star I never got because of that stupid challenge will always haunt me.

For that matter, I'm going to put Super Mario Galaxy 2 as my nostalgic thing, I just feel feel more nostalgic for that, mainly because the disc didn't stop working and I could actually play it more.

Also just going to throw out my appreciation for whoever made it so that Boulder Mario turns white when rolling through snow. There's like only one part of one galaxy where Boilder Mario and snow are in the same area and I don't think it's for very long but they did it anyway and that's cool.

NasomiXIV

Yeah, I also played much more Galaxy 2 than 1.
9/10

Okay, so here's the most nostalgic game for me, along with the first game I ever played watched my dad play because I wasn't even a year old and I only know this because my parents told me.

They say games are a product, rather than a service. Certainly a nice thought, however this is more fiction than truth.
Each and every day, new games are created, with most being infested with microtransactions, paid expansions, and subscription services, bogging down (or blocking off entirely) the user experience until they cough up their life savings, even after having already purchased the game. However, we as fans have remedied the problems that plague modern games through modifications and fan servers. There is, however, one last game to fix.

This is why I have changed my name. To spread awareness of what must be done. What we want. We want...NasomiXIV.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

GalaxySugarFox

8/10

Eating those thin straight macaroni things from the plastic container, and putting one piece on each of the fork points. These:

Blunderbus

8.2/10

paulsoaresjr's How to Survive and Thrive. Particularly the video on the 1st night.
This series was like the introduction to playing Minecraft back in Alpha / Beta.
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

NasomiXIV

minecrap/10

On the topic of gaming YouTubers, RinryGameGame. She did videos about classic games until she quit in 2014 (it seems) I watched her on my 3DS back in 2013. Here's the first video I ever watched of hers.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

Seam49

5/10

Going down a slippery dip.

GalaxySugarFox

I don't know what that is/10

Going to a frozen yogurt place and mixing all or almost all the flavors in one cup.

Seanbobe

My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

NasomiXIV

no/10

The Wayback Machine.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

Seam49

Flowermanvista

good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

NasomiXIV

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

GalaxySugarFox

I was too young at the time to understand it/10

Two words. String cheese.

NasomiXIV

Less so nostalgic and moreso delicious./10

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.